National 2015 in the Derbyshire Peak district

The Peak District, Derbyshire.
64moke

Re: National 2015 in the Derbyshire Peak district

Post by 64moke »

what a great w/end throughly enjoyed our selves. thanks to all those made it possible. robin & hannah..... :D
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Well done and a big thank you to the organisers, they know who they are, for an excellent and varied itinerary, as well as the BBQ and entertainment. Made for a very enjoyable weekend and even the weather wasn't too bad! Thank goodness Charlie's dad brought along his large gazebo for the Saturday night cloud burst.
joemokebeth

Post by joemokebeth »

Hi all, we just want to add our thanks to the team for organising a fantastic weekend. We had a great time, it's a shame we had to leave so early on sunday, even Brae ana Maisie had fun. We look forward to seeing some of you on the welsh weekend and hope we can make it as good as this weekend was.
Mark and Kay
Tony Freeman

Post by Tony Freeman »

Terrific weekend, travelled in comfort in the cab of a tow truck (saved on fuel) I'm glad nobody was there to take the mickey when I arrived. It really was most enjoyable I didn't even hear the rain on the roof of the pub I was staying in. Moke ran like a dream going back to the island. Best wishes to all.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Tony,
That has got to be a first! The truck of shame to the event not from it!!
Pity the break down guy couldn't find a simple fault mind you he didn't have anywhere to plug his computer into!
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Great weekend .... Many Thanks to all the Organisers. And good pics from Chris in the Gallery
woolfie

Post by woolfie »

I can only echo the comments of the previous posters and say that the 2015 Moke National was a terrific event . Hats off to all the Peeps that planned run and organised the weekend.
Cheers Fae Bonnie Scotland
Wind in the hair fun :D
govig

Post by govig »

To all those who worked so hard - thanks for a really great weekend . Next time we shall definitely arrive in our Moke and come a bit better prepared. :shock:

When our petrol tank sprung a leak a month or two back (and we daren't risk the long journey with the brased bodge repair) we were going to cancel but decided to come anyway and we are really pleased we did. We lived in the area 25 years ago and thought we could see family and old friends whilst the rest of you were blasting round the Peak District in your Mokes. On reflection we ended up spreading ourselves a bit too thinly all round and didn't give the National the attention it definitely deserved, so sorry about that.

The 650 mile return trip to France was uneventful except we arrived at Folkestone on Tuesday only to find that someone had decided to walk from France through the rail tunnel and we had to wait 6 hours for him to get to the UK end which he nearly did before being captured! We thought it was a bit churlish to moan about the delay after all the walker had gone through, including 30 miles of tunnel, so we just practised our gallic shrugs and spent an extra night in a hotel.

Anyway first impressions from two Moke newbies? What a great bunch of friendly people and we shall definitely make the full effort, in a Moke, next time we plan to venture on a long trip to Belgium.

We shall have lasting memories of the drive to Matlock Bath in Mark's very quick 1380 Moke, the best lemon meringue pie since my mum's 20 years ago and a couple of very cold nights in tent in August. As you all now know Flagg is much colder than anywhere else around and was a shock after the 39° here a couple of weeks back. Note to self: camping/Flagg/August take your winter sleeping bags....and hip flask....

I'll write up a report of the new alloy tank I collected on the way back elsewhere on the forum. All I've got to do now is fit it.

Jon & Gill
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Jon & Gill,
It was great to meet you and I'm pleased you had a good weekend, look forward to meeting again and seeing your Moke!
Margaret, my wife, will be chuffed you liked her lemon meringue pie! Did you miss the rocky road?
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Looks like it was a great event. Very sad to have missed it, but hey - let's hope this one will set a standard again for more to come. My Mokes were in UK, I was..... working :cry:

Must say though, it would have been nice to see someone in the pictures wear a new tee or cap. Anyone got a pic of that?
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Jan,
Sorry about that, I was wearing my tee shirt and cap - but I was taking the photos!
Just for you I've got Marg to take a couple!
How's that!
Cheers
Chris
PS anyone else take any photos on the weekend?
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Brilliant Chris! hope they went down well. I can see why the burgundy cap was popular. Great colour scheme!
I've yet to lay eyes on the new range as everything has been sent to Graham. Must 'purchase' some myself :D I have a new jacket and fleece waiting for me in Oxford.

Anyway, the pics - and of the event look superb. Very sad to have missed it :cry: Don't know when I'll be able to Moke for the foreseeable.... Mokes in storage in UK, I'm in France..... weather is great, but no Moke to enjoy it :x

See / talk soon

Jan
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Jan,
More National pics on the gallery, some showing Mark in his tee shirt!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
done a few miles

Post by done a few miles »

Hi

Having only drove thirty miles in a Moke, prior to driving the 150 miles to our first Moke event, what a fantastic welcome we received.

I have been a member of car clubs for over thirty years, and can honestly say that the Moke people are lovely. In my experience of arriving at club stands as a newbie, the reception can be a little cold.
The Moke group invited us for a free BBQ, even as non members. ( I joined the following morning ).

Sorry we arrived late Saturday, and left Sunday lunch. I hope that we can join you again in wales, and enjoy the whole weekend.

Many Thanks Paul and Joanne
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Hi Paul and Joanne. It would be lovely to see you in Wales. Friday night we'll drive out to Corwen a few miles away for fish and chips, pizza or whatever. Saturday night we've booked a meal at the pub a few minutes walk from the camp site. Let us know if you want to join us there. If you don't want to camp guest houses in Corwen about 2 mmiles away or Llangollen about 7 miles. Look forward to seeing you
Aubrey and Helena

Return to “Moke Club National, Peak District - July 31st to August 2nd”