Advice wanted

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
NigelK

Advice wanted

Post by NigelK »

Good afternoon all

I own LYP 794D, originally bought by my father from Tony Brooks Weybridge in 1969 and known by my family as 'Poppet'. She was originally (I think) a BMC Press car and used by Linda Thorson as Tara King in The Avengers S6 E8 'All Done With Mirrors'.

I want to undertake a full (serious and five figure) restoration. I will get a quote from Runamoke, but wonder if there is any other company anyone would recommend so I may have a second quote?

Many thanks
Nigel (and Poppet!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grantourer
MMC Member

Re: Advice wanted

Post by grantourer »

Hi. Welcome to the Forum. I have had a Moke done by Somerford Mini, and have another one waiting to go into their bodyshop for a full rebuild. Been very pleased with their work, as they have also done a Clubman Estate and a Mini Van for me.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
NigelK

Post by NigelK »

Hi Graham

Wow, two Mokes, a real aficionado. When I was a young man I somehow collected seven Lancia 2000HF Coupes (pre Fiat, Pininfarina, and sibling looks to Ferrari 330GTC). Appreciate heads up, will be in touch with Somerford and will say at your suggestion.

Thanks again, Nigel
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

TWO..pfttt.. there's three in my garage. Must be a moke thing :D
Come on summer
NigelK

Post by NigelK »

golly! well, as they say in all the best films "Do I hear any advance on three?" :D
wooddypup59

Post by wooddypup59 »

Also used as a milk truck it seems.
moke milk lyp794d.jpg
From this Aussie website :-

https://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avenge ... ries/cars/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Project "M"”