ausie moke windscreen extetentions

Mokes and related items wanted
mick west

ausie moke windscreen extetentions

Post by mick west »

Does any moker know where to obtain the side screens that are fixed to the windscreen on ausie mokes?
I have just got my moke on the road, only to find its bloody draughty! I assume the side screens stop this?
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: ausie moke windscreen extetentions

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

:lol:
Come on summer
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Try Runamoke in the UK (they used to sell them). Not sure if M-Parts do but give them a try anyway.
If no luck there, there are planty of suppliers in Oz.
Such as...https://www.minisplus.com.au/moke/produ ... lexan-left
Dean
Tim

Post by Tim »

The side screens do make a lot of difference, but your Moke will still be draughty. :D

Which year model do you have? Late '79ish onwards changed to a better style of sidescreen with a proper metal frame with glass inserts. The earlier models used clear plastic screens with just a thin strip of stainless down the trailing edge to support the lift-the-dot turn buttons. The early ones are reasonably easy to get - although you might have to get the stainless strips made seperately, but the later ones are rare and expensive. The later ones require a modified windscreen frame so won't fit an early moke without the addition of some captive nuts.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
rien_naalden
MMC Member

M-parts ausie moke windscreen extetentions

Post by rien_naalden »

Hello,

"M-parts" has them !! Both the lexan aussie side screens as the Portuguese/Cagiva parts.

http://www.m-parts.co.uk/index.php?rout ... uct_id=411

Regards, Rien.
mick west

Post by mick west »

Thanks for all your advice. I in fact emailed mparts, to ask if they had these screens, but I got no reply!
I have noticed that the screen frame has has captive nuts fitted, but whoever started the restore on my moke has ground the bolts away so it now needs a new screen frame, and so it goes on and on, I cant imagine a day with out sorting some problem or other!
Good fun though,
Mick
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I apologise for the laughing, but in my defence my I explain? It was just the thought of anything stopping the draughty in a moke :D
Come on summer
mick west

Post by mick west »

Nigel,
No need to apologise, the one thing all moke owners have in common is a sense of humour, there is no other explanation for the hours of graft and piles of dosh spent on 4 wheel skips !
cheers , Mick
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I bought last two sets from Enoch Tang in Chongqing, China.. about $170 per set plus shipping.. quality was good.. Enoch has ad on www.ebay.com under mini moke parts.. later bc

Return to “Wanted”