mokes in the italian job film

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Tim

Re: mokes in the italian job film

Post by Tim »

Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Apparently this is from "Alfie"

and here are the Dave Clark Five, in the same Moke

No idea what the connection would be.
Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

The Moke in the picture of Sir Michael and Benny Hill, is still on the road.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
chris naish

Post by chris naish »

Yup, and I think it was at last year's London to Brighton!!
Chris.
Chris Naish.
Tim

Post by Tim »

How does the registration number look to you? UPD420F or is it Macky999's UPD 428F from the previous page in this thread?

I'm not sure what the connection is with Benny HIll in that picture. His character doesn't appear in the scene with the milk float (where Charlie is getting a lift while trying to see what is on the film reel he's been given). Benny Hill didn't become famous for Ernie the fastest milkman in the west until a couple of years later. Maybe its just that as an ex-milkman he couldn't stay away - or maybe he was the only one on the crew who cloud drive a milk float.

Damn, I'm going to have to go home and watch that scene to see if I can pick the driver,

Tim

Return to “Moke Talk”