Registering a Moke in Florida

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Tcmaclennan

Registering a Moke in Florida

Post by Tcmaclennan »

Hi

We have successfully imported a 1985 Moke from Portugal , where we had owned it since 2006.

However, we have run into issues with the DMV in getting this registered and a plate issued .

They appear never to have come across one before and unable to get guidance to satisfy themselves from NHTSA documentation

Can anyone provide any successful experience of registering a Moke in Florida that can assist us ?

Many thanks

Tom
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Registering a Moke in Florida

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Morning Tom
Try PM,ing werewolf. He imports/exports quite a few of them
Come on summer
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

hi tom.. and thanks Nigel.. yes.. I can sort for you.. I can even get NC titles mokes without vin numbers or any prior paperwork here in NC.. via MVR 31..( NCS state vin number) MVR 92 H ( title bond). MVR 55 ( CKD builder form).Lic/ theft 270.. ( vin inspection) fyi no reason you can NOT get title in Florida.. guess the PHAT lady behind the counter has her panties in twist .AGAIN?? Assume you have the Euro title?/ DOT form HS7.. EPA form 3501 . CBP Customs entry form 7501 and bill of sale?? call me if needed.. later Bill Cox MBA lic NC dealer, NC manufacture. CBP bonded importer with TWIC ACE SCAC and WMI for moke.. Monte Carlo Minis Ltd.. phone.. 001.704.487.6406 shop..001.704.487.6797 .001.704.884.5628 Cell
Morrisette

Post by Morrisette »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:32 Morning Tom
Try PM,ing werewolf. He imports/exports quite a few of them
Where's he exporting them to btw?

And hello to the community from myself as well.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I’d say they are exported from the rest of the world and imported into America
Come on summer
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Thanks. Nigel.. yes.. I am exporting NEW mokes aka CHOKES from china to the USA.. and older REAL mokes from OZ to the USA.. I do buy the odd moke about once a year from the UK.. I tried to buy some from Spain.. but the cost of transport just Kills the deal.. later bc ps..I can help you want OZ moke bought and shipped to the UK.. check out www.ebay.com.au or www.gumtree.com.au plenty of mokes on both sites.. or even www.miniandmokeworld.com.au and talk to Andrew..
emillypaulinoz

emma

Post by emillypaulinoz »

Thank you for sharing …. very useful information.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

emma..also another website for mokes in spain. www.milanuncios.com but buyer beware. LOTS of scams on this website.. well hell. they are lots of SCAM on all website in the USA now.. like www.craigslist.org and www.kijiji.ca later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

well.. did you have get this titled in Florida..?? later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

If anyone needs title work in the USA. for mini moke. I can do here in North Carolina.. without title or even vin number.. with title bond.. which runs about $150 USD.. I will need the moke here in person at my dealer lot.. for pre and post Vin inspections at NC DMV. .. later bc 001.704.487.6406
pooch776

Post by pooch776 »

Hi Tom,

I only saw your post recently. Did you ever get your Moke registered in FL?

I moved from PA to FL about two years ago. I own a 72 More that was titled and registered in PA. When I tried to transfer the title to FL, the Orange Co. DMV said my car was not designed for road use and they would not allow me to register it for use on roads in Florida.

I have been driving it with my permanent PA registration. If I can't register it in FL, I will continue to drive on my PA registration but It would be nice to transfer the registration to FL.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks, Joe
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Hi Joe.. I have sold quite a few mokes into florida with NO PROBLEMS with Florida DMV.. into Dade, Broward and Monroe Counties.. Seems. Orange Co is the problems.. did you call main DMV in Tallahassee ?? I have contact number if you need it..// later Bill Cox MBA lic NC dealer NC manufacture. CBP bonded importer with TWIC SCAC ACE and WMI for moke.. Monte Carlo Minis Ltd.. phone.. 1.704.487.6406 shop.. 1.704.487.6797 home
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Ok.. I checked with dealer friend in Orlando.. orange co Florida.. and there is real problem there now.. seems the PHAT lady behind the counter.. MUST inspect every car from out of state of out the country and she seems to think MOKEs are NOT street legal.. and you must register and get inspection in the county your LIVE in.. so you both might be OUT OF LUCK.. later bc

Return to “Moke Talk”