Windscreen frame surround

Doug G
MMC Member

Windscreen frame surround

Post by Doug G »

The windscreen frame surround on my Mini Moke has rusted right through at the bottom right corner of the screen just above the top of the three bits fixing it to the body.

Have given a chap to take it off and weld a new section of leg, making sure it is the right length for the bolt holes.

Anxiously awaiting word.
Having a moking good time!
Tim

Re: Windscreen frame surround

Post by Tim »

I'll be interested to hear how it goes Doug. Its a very common problem and they are quite difficult to fix because the steel is thin and usually rusty over a wide area. Mine is looking pretty dodgy too, and the lower rail is flaking off rust all the way across on the inside.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Windscreen frame surround

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Apparently the top section of a mini door is the correct profile for the ‘screen surround, and as an added bonus the curve is the same as the mokes top corner........not that that will be of much use to you Doug as I suspect minis will be rarer than mokes near you
Come on summer

Return to “Bodyshell”