Moke International

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
werewolf

Re: Moke International

Post by werewolf »

so.. what seems to be the hold up with the DLVA V 5 paperwork on these Chokes??
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

well.just in.. I see Moke Int LTD. lost over 1 m Pounds again in 2019..
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I would sure HATE that I had imported 56 Chokes into the UK and can NOT get the titles. aka red V5s on them?? sure is taking long time for DVLA to issue them. sure would be some very MAD customers here in NC.. as we MUST produce NC titles in 30 days or less OR return the deposit in FULL>.. or is this normal for the UK ?? feliz navidad.. bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I was told today my Hendy Cars in Poole, England. NO UK V5 titles on ANY of the Chokes yet.. later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I just saw on endole company info that two of the directors of Moke Int GB quit this week... later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I see Moke Int LTD GB. lost another $2.85 Million in 2019.. this is on Find and update company information service gov uk.. merry christmas.. bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Well.. coming up on FOUR months since the new 56 moke were to be released for sale in the UK and still NOT V5/ UK titles.. and my guess NO IVA either.. you would have thought you would have done both BEFORE you started selling them in England??? later bc
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Perhaps it’s al this COVID thing that’s swing things down and generally making it difficult for everything?
Come on summer
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Nigel.. I would think that almost all the personal at DLVA is working from home.. as they are here in North Carolina at NC DMV.. it has been TEN months since the shut down of Covid.. and you know DLVA has to be putting out V5s.. I know usually it takes about 4-6 weeks in the UK.. anyone applied for one during covid?? happy new year..
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Yeah I know of one. He sent off the paperwork a couple of months ago and is still waiting......Not that he’s in any rush, there’s nothing much happening over there is there
Come on summer
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

NIgel.. at least here in NC. have direct PRIVATE number to call about NC titles.. I know DLVA does NOT like to do this.. with general public.. stay safe bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Ok. found direct phone number in the UK for DLVA IVA applications.. 0300.123.9000 I did call and ask IF the new mokes had been approved. and was told someone would call me back.. will update.. bc
Tim

Post by Tim »

From the Mk1 Mini Forum:
mab01uk » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:32 am wrote: If you are waiting on the DVLA this may be why...

A CORONAVIRUS outbreak has been declared at one of South Wales' major employers.
A total of 352 cases of Covid-19 have been identified among workers at the DVLA office in Swansea, including 62 confirmed cases at its contact centre in Swansea Vale, since December 1. Testing facilities have now been deployed by Swansea University Health Board to the site from Monday until Wednesday for the entire workforce to be tested:-
https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... a-swansea/
Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

well.. I guess.. someone needs to stop in person to Hendy Sports Cars in Poole, England and ask to test drive and get the SKINNY on the new mokes..stay safe bc
Triggermann

Post by Triggermann »

I still want a new (to me) Moke, my last one being a Portugese late 80's.

Living on the IOM and Covid-19 means nothing has happened yet, I contacted Hendy and got very vague responses about their cars and availability. The price is also so high I may as well wait for a good original Moke.

Andy

Return to “Moke Talk”