Moke Club National Friday 16th July - Sunday 18th July

Jez

Re: Moke Club National Friday 16th July - Sunday 18th July

Post by Jez »

Dear all,

In case anyone is getting over excited following Boris's latest statement, allow me to humbly point you in the direction of the Government Covid website. 'You can stay overnight at a campsite' no problem. 'no groups larger than 6' no problem. 'You can also stay overnight with friends up to 6' no problem. So all of that it seems to me = lets use a bit of common sense and there'll be no problem. See you all at the National !

All the best

Jez
DBL 785B
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Fingers crossed
Come on summer
Jez

Post by Jez »

Thanks goodness.....common sense has prevailed !

Jez
DBL 785B
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Thanks for your input, Jez and to the committee who saw the sense and logic of what the organisers are trying to achieve - a good Moking weekend with appropriate levels of security. Can't wait to see everyone.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

After much consideration, the Mini Moke Club National event will proceed as planned with appropriate Covid secure measures to meet the revised Government Guideslines in place until 19th July. However, the list for attendees is now CLOSED and all further details will be communicated to attendees by direct email. If you wish to check that you are on the list, please contact the organiser, Rosie on: rosie@rosiewood.com or 07399 837709.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

hi all,
I was hoping to join you at the National this year, it seems so long since we had a gathering. However, I have 2 problems, first the Moke is back with the new engine but I have a couple of issues and its going back in tomorrow, second we are moving house soon and we need to pack! What a nightmare!!!
So I hope you all have a great National, the weather's looking good for it, I will miss being there.
I am hoping I can at least make it to the WW, even though it will be further to go once we've moved (East Yorkshire! Marg is going back to Gods country).
So have a great event, and I'II see you some time soon.

Cheers

Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Thanks Chris, Looks like it's going to be Scorchio, Scorchio and yet more Scorchio. We'll make sure you are not missed in spirit (Famous Grouse) and will send some pics for the gallery. Having moved house some six months ago I know the feeling of being surrounded by cardboard. Don't forget to ping an email to mokemembership<at>gmail.com with your new address.

Ciao
D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

David don't rub it in, and there's me just had an additional electric fan put in while the engine was out! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I think some of the pensioners and assorted ne-er do wells have already established base camp
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Just returned home, there was just one minor mishap en route….the expansion tank hose came off Hilary’s moke but it was fixed in 5 minutes so all was as good as the weather and the weather was as good as the event and company too. Congratulations to all the organising team especially Rosie.
Roll on next year
Come on summer
Jez

Post by Jez »

Got back at 18:35 exactly. Said goodbye to Malc Max & Andy at Junction 7, M25, and then hit Sussex and got drenched!
Eventful trip back which was all sorted with a new battery and Malc's attention and skills !

BIG THANKS to R & R for a terrific weekend and it was great to see everyone.

All the best

Jez
DBL 785B
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Five star event with five star action. Thanks Rosie and Richard for all you hard work.

And many thanks must also go to Robert who provided the magnum of bubbles for the quiz prize. The Scousers raffled their win and £173 was raised for Shropshire Air Ambulance. Thank you to everyone who purchased tickets.
64moke

Post by 64moke »

Great weekend good to catch up with old and new members and the weather could not of been any hotter, Rosie & Richard did a excellent job
organising the event, looking forward to welsh weekend. R&H.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

If you have some photos of the 'Shropshire Hills Moke National', the editor of 'Moking' magazine would like to see them. Please post on this forum page or put them in a file and send them to me attached, or via Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/basic) OR WeTransfer (https://about.wetransfer.com/en/products) and send to: officerpublicitymokeclub@gmail.com
Very many thanks Richard -
PS And if your shot is special if could go on to make the next front cover of the magazine or the Calendar!
dingbat0

Post by dingbat0 »

Big thanks to Rosie and Richard for organizing a superb national, also thanks to the 2 Daves for convoy 2, thoroughly enjoyed the weekend,
Mick and Yvonne.

Return to “Moke Club National - July 16th/18th”