Wiring for rear lights question

Willie_B

Wiring for rear lights question

Post by Willie_B »

On my 1966 moke after I have wired the rear lights what is done with the mess of wires? Not any place to tuck them in. Trying to keep it stock looking so now plastic wire wrap stuff.

Thought about shortening the wires to the tail lights so as to have less excess hanging around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Wiring for rear lights question

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Here’s what I did. The ones on the offside (the first picture) I brought up through the top gap in the triangular support rather tan out of the bottom as you have, it does mean there’s less wire to roam around freely.
On the other side I tried holding them with the loom bracket piece,,,,gave up and resorted to a couple of small tie-wraps :(
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Get some heat shrink tubing (type of protective electrical insulation tubing that activates and shrinks when the heat is applied) in different sizes/diameters and put on, generously overlapping, and you can use a hairdryer/cigarette lighter to 'shrink' it.

It is not expensive.

EG https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32988166324.html

It will provide a great waterproof covering and will look really neat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Having a moking good time!
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Mind you Suspect you have sorted it out by now.

What did you do in the end?
Having a moking good time!
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

I used a stainless coupler nut on the rear of the screw for the rear reflector after putting a longer screw on. Then put a stainless eyelet on the end of that. This gave me a place up higher to route the wires up and through.
Last edited by Willie_B on Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:09, edited 1 time in total.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Live Laugh Moke

Return to “Electrical”