New member, just saying hello

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
BarrieJ

New member, just saying hello

Post by BarrieJ »

Hi all forum folks.

Im not new to owning classics, but am new to the world of Moke.

Me and the wife have recently retired to Spain and in the process I had to sell my beloved XR3i Cabby and my Mk2 1600E Cortina.
So almost as soon as we got here I started looking for something to as they say 'have fun in the sun'

Last week saw our first anniversary here and up popped a message telling me that the dealer we got our daily from had a Moke.

Long story short, headed out that day, drove it, paid the deposit and will collect next week sometime.
Ive driven these before (a long time ago in Barbados) and it immediately felt right (except for the time I drove into a Cane field) :)

It a Portuguese built 1988 998c and to be honest, its either in very good nick for its age or its had a brilliant rebuild at some time.
And it has a Moke club sticker in the window.

I will be doing some stuff to it over what passes for a winter here, so you can expect some questions (Ive worked on Mini's before) but years ago.

Picture attached. Please let me know what you think of it (oh not been named yet) Ive left that to the wife.
IMG_20210819_133718.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: New member, just saying hello

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Welcome to THE forum, and by the look of the shop notifications Welcome to the Club too. I hope you enjoy your stay here and ask any questions you want

Oh, and by the way, I’m sure there’ll be no shortage of volunteers willing to deliver any parts you may need :lol:
Come on summer
BarrieJ

Post by BarrieJ »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:56 Welcome to THE forum, and by the look of the shop notifications Welcome to the Club too. I hope you enjoy your stay here and ask any questions you want

Oh, and by the way, I’m sure there’ll be no shortage of volunteers willing to deliver any parts you may need :lol:
Thanks. Im a great believer in joining the clubs. You get so much extra out of it.

I already have one friend who wants to bring stuff over, he is a VW fan so its any excuse to drive his 1971 T2 camper..
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Welcome.

Look forward to reading your posts. :D
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Moke Talk”