Moke Club National Yorkshire 15th - 17th July

grantourer
MMC Member

Moke Club National Yorkshire 15th - 17th July

Post by grantourer »

This years event will be somewhere in sunny Yorkshire, and will be organised by Chairman Nigel and Hilary. Nigel and Hilary promise that it will be a “reet good do” Further details will be available later in the year, and will be posted on the Forum and Website, plus there will be more info in the next magazine. To register with Nigel and Hilary for this event, please email nigel.sykes@mokeclub.org and please put Moke National in the subject line of the email

Regards, Graham

Moke Club Events Coordinator
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Moke Club National Yorkshire 15th - 17th July

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Yesterday we took a drive out and found an excellent camping site in the hamlet of Sutton Howgrave, just north of Ripon. We have booked the entire site from Thursday until Monday.
The only downside is that there is a limit of 15 pitches (that’s all that’s there) so if you intend to attend then please let Hilary or I know as soon as possible and definitely before the end of March as I’ve a feeling places will go fast and it’s first come first served.
Pitches are £20 per night regardless of numbers aboard or whether you have electric or not.
All the bookings are being dealt with by Hilary so if you want extra nights then tell her when you contact us as the man at the campsite wants to deal with one person.
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

By now everyone who is attending should have received their second information email telling them how to book. Please, if you’ve not done so already, can you book with the campsite asap (and certainly before Friday 18th) as the block booking we have won’t keep for much longer.
Come on summer
dingbat0

Post by dingbat0 »

Our chairman asked me if I would book a club stand at Newby Hall on Sunday 17th July. After trying to contact anyone since June 1st, finally today I have had a reply off one of the organisers telling me that everybody who wants to attend has to book individually, they are not accepting club entries this year. This can be done via their site at NCPWA.org and follow the instructions from the Newby Hall tab. Entry is free but you DO have to register. It seems like we will all have to arrive together and then be directed to our designated site. The cut off for entries is 18th June or when 1000 vehicle entries is reached, so not long left to get your entries in!

Mick.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

UPDATE……STOP PRESS.

I set hilary on to them and due to her charm offensive we have an agreement with the organisers that we can enter as a group. If you are attending the National and want to go to the Newby Hall event instead of going on the Sunday run then please contact me in whatever manner you see fit so that we can put your details on their form and send it off for you.
I’d also like to thank Mick for his sterling efforts
Come on summer
woolfie

Post by woolfie »

Are we eating out as a group on Saturday night or is it everyone doing their own thing ? Just asking so I know whether to bring cooking gear .
Wind in the hair fun :D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

We’ve booked a pub for Saturday evening…..or should I say the pub as in pretty much all of it so let’s hope everyone turns up. :lol:
Come on summer
woolfie

Post by woolfie »

Cheers Nigel 🍺🍺
woolfie

Post by woolfie »

Would just like to say thanks to Nigel and Hilary for the great weekend Moke national 2022. Great runs at a nice pace allowing us all to take in the scenery. Fantastic choice of pub for Saturday nights meal ,and the weather 🌞 well you Yorkshire folk always say it's God's country well it was for that weekend anyway . Thanks again . George .
dingbat0

Post by dingbat0 »

Well done Nigel and Hilary for organizing a superb National, thoroughly enjoyed it! Good luck with your new adventures,

Mick and Yvonne.
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

Hilary and Nigel. Thankyou for your hard work to give us all a great National. Very well organised, leisurely scenic drives and campsite 10/10. Time to relax now and enjoy your new home. Tony and Eddie x
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

13 miles and 7 locks today……..not much relaxation there :lol: Camping out in the middle of nowhere for a couple of days to recover before we tackle Leicester city centre.
Come on summer
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Thank you for excellent weekend and arranging beautiful weather. :D
If you land up on Leicester Section near Welford/North Kilworth , give us a shout and we can pick you up and go for a meal ( on us ).
Arianna and John
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

PM sent.
Come on summer

Return to “Moke Club National 15th - 17th July”