Mini Moke Club on Facebook

Posts relating to the Club.
Doug G
MMC Member

Mini Moke Club on Facebook

Post by Doug G »

I would have thought that it would be in the Club's interest to encourage members and others to visit (advertising, links etc) and post on the forum.mokeclub.org forum pages rather than boost facebook to the detriment of the Mini Moke Club's web site.
Having a moking good time!
Tim

Re: Mini Moke Club on Facebook

Post by Tim »

Maybe, but all those things can be done through Facebook, and the Facebook page has 3x as many members as the forum, as well as the ability to easily share posts to 'prospective' members. For most people facebook is way quicker and easier than the forum.

That makes me sound like I like it. I don't and I do agree with you Doug. Facebook is Ok for social organising and quick posts about how good I am, but for things like technical advice the forum is far more useful. The stuff on here can be searched and it has the ability to be archived forever. Try finding a post on facebook five minutes after you read it :roll:

Two of the Mini Forums I used to enjoy have completely dried up, all gone to facebook.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I don't 'do' Facebook*, so I tend to post all my Mini Moking related stuff here.

PS I wish that this site's 'auto correct' function would stop changing when I type 'Moking' to 'Toking' :roll:

* Can't stand it.
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Doug G wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 14:11
PS I wish that this site's 'auto correct' function would stop changing when I type 'Moking' to 'Toking' :roll:
This site doesn't have an auto-correct function.
Dean
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

When you’re wrong you’re wrong :lol:
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

Doug G wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 14:11 I don't 'do' Facebook*, so I tend to post all my Mini Moking related stuff here.
In that case Doug, you appear to be the victim of identity theft...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1285453 ... 724652144/

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Dean wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:47
Doug G wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 14:11
This site doesn't have an auto-correct function.
Dean
Well it must secretly change my words. :lol:
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Tim wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 0:34
Doug G wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 14:11 I don't 'do' Facebook*, so I tend to post all my Mini Moking related stuff here.
In that case Doug, you appear to be the victim of identity theft...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1285453 ... 724652144/

Tim
When I heard that there was a Facebook page I went there and posted that and some stuff. However haven't been back :D

Return to “Club Talk”