Insurance valuations

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Shaun78

Insurance valuations

Post by Shaun78 »

Hi,just a question about insurance do most of you just tell your insurance company what your moke is worth and leave it at that in the hope you will never need to claim or do you do an agreed value with the insurance,never thought much about it until yesterday when I got talking to a chap who was inspecting a car for an agreed valuation.just made me think about how prices vary on mokes when you see them for sale.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Insurance valuations

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I always go for the agreed value insurance on my old(er) cars. There’s always the chance the insurance company will go for “book price” if you opt for the standard insurance…..and what would that be on a 40 odd year old moke? About enough for a pint probably :lol:
Come on summer
Jez

Post by Jez »

I've always gone for an agreed valuation in writing, having each year supplied coloured photo's of said Moke. Last year as previous year's the insurance company increased the value, as they have done this year also.

Jez
DBL 785B
dpstjp
MMC Member

Post by dpstjp »

Having just had mine done up I went for an agreed valuation. I suspect I'm slightly undervalued at £20k but Carole Nash did not argue once they had the pictures and invoices.

Return to “Moke Talk”