Front indicator bulb replacement

Mike R

Front indicator bulb replacement

Post by Mike R »

I have an English Moke I recently returned to the road. I need to replace a bulb in a front indicator unit and I'm having trouble getting the lens off. Is there some secret move I need to try? I thought the assembly (lens or trim ring) might simply unscrew, but that isn't working and I don't want to break anything. Can someone explain this to me?
Dean
MMC Member

Re: Front indicator bulb replacement

Post by Dean »

Hi Mike,
The chrome rims and lens's pull off. Bit hard to explain in words so take a look at this video of lens (and bulb) replacement on a Mini Saloon (same light unit as an English Moke).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Y-H0ca_iM
Dean
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Thanks, Dean, but my front indicators aren't the beehive type. They're the large, round, amber and clear hockey pucks divided into turn signals and parking lights (as we'd say in the States).

I appreciate the help, but tonight I pushed, pulled, twisted and wiggled the lens on the other side of the car and it came off. After seeing how it was constructed -- tabs behind tabs -- I pushed the other A LOT and screamed a little and it begrudgingly rotated off. The little shield dividing the two bulbs was badly bent and was apparently binding in its housing. After a little cleaning and straightening, the shield fits neatly back into its groove. Tomorrow I'll find a replacement bulb and I'll be back in business.
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Oh yeah, of course its that type. The twist off lens. Silly me, having a brain fade.
Glad you got it sorted now.
Dean.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Same as Morris Minor ones……or MG1100/1300 I think.
Come on summer

Return to “Electrical”