Ian Potter

Posts relating to the Club.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Ian Potter

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I was saddened to learn yesterday of the passing of Ian Potter, a club stalwart. Rather than attempt to frame it in my own words, below is the statement from his company’s website.

As soon as we hear any further details I shall pass them on but in the meantime I would ask that the family’s wishes for privacy be respected.

IAN POTTER 22 MAY 1960 - 27 FEBRUARY 2023

It is with immense sadness that Carole, Harriet, Jack, and Lydia Potter announce Ian’s sudden passing on Monday 27 February 2023, due to medical complications after a short illness.

Ian was a giant of the dairy industry for three decades - be it as a quota broker, a columnist in Dairy Farmer magazine for 25 years, a commentator and reporter through his own weekly bulletin, and as a farmer in his own right. Throughout his career he had the interests of dairy farmers at heart, and loved what he did and the industry that he worked in. He was also instrumental in the smooth running of The National Fallen Stock.

The family asks that their privacy is respected by Ian’s countless friends and colleagues from across the industries that he worked in, and for.

A book of condolences is being opened and contributions are welcomed via condolences.ianpotter@ipmsltd.co.uk

No further comment will be made at this time.

Thank you.
Come on summer
Jez

Re: Ian Potter

Post by Jez »

Oh my goodness !

Pottering in the Peaks will stay with me for a long time.

RIP

Jez
DBL 785B
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

Really sad to hear this, Ian certainly helped make me feel welcome on my first few events with the club.
67 Morris Moke
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Really shocked at this sad news, our condolences to Carole and the family. He will be sorely missed at all future Moke events.
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

What a shock to us all! We will miss him on future Moke events. Sincere condolences to Carol and her family.

RIP Ian!
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

The Celebration of Ians life will be at Stafford County Show Ground on Wednesday 29th March at noon.
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Further to my last post. If you are planning to attend the celebration of Ian’s life on the 29th please could you let his family know via the link on www.ipmsltd.co.uk so that they can arrange catering and other details. If you would like to travel there in your moke or mini then that would be most welcome. Perhaps drop me a line and we may be able to meet up beforehand and arrive in a convoy.
Come on summer

Return to “Club Talk”