Light Switch

bevsimmons

Light Switch

Post by bevsimmons »

The headlamp switch on my Californian has broken. It's a rocker type switch (which I hate) and I bought a replacement from Mini Spares and a loom adaptor (spade connectors on mine pole connector on the new one) however new switch is too short and falls through the opening! Any ideas where i can buy the correct one?
Don Simmons
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Light Switch

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I think, but I’m not certain, that they are the same as the ones used in the 1100/1300 range. Try a Google search for 1100 light switch. P.S. it’ll be the later models
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

What year is it? The mid '70s to early '80s Australian ones are available in a green Lucas box (which probably means they are rubbish) but the same switches were used in Minis here in Australia (and I assume UK) and if you can source one scondhand they can usually be disassembled and cleaned inside.

Here's a Google search that turns a few of them up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=13H6342 ... s-wiz-serp

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
bevsimmons

Post by bevsimmons »

Thanks Nigel
will give it a go
Don
bevsimmons

Post by bevsimmons »

thanks Tim
the ones sold by Mini suppliers are too small. Found one from a guy who breaks minis but a fraction too small he thought mine could be from a maxi and Nigel suggests 1100/1300 ! It's no wonder British Leyland couldn't make a profit when they can't even standardize light switches! I might have to fit a blanking plate and fit a toggle switch!
JAG

Post by JAG »

Tim

Post by Tim »

That should be the correct one, but I'm wondering if maybe the holes in Don's dash may have been filed out to fit a dfferent switch.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Electrical”