New feature: Unread posts

Posts specific about mokeclub.org, its features and its use.
Dean
MMC Member

New feature: Unread posts

Post by Dean »

The forum has been modified to do the following:

1) Keeps the unread flags for a topic active until the topic is read (even if you shut the page down or log out).

2) Keeps unread flags beyond the current page of a topic until the user actually visits that page.

3) Gives the user a new yellow button on each post (right next to the quote button) that allows the user to mark the topic unread again from that post onwards (a sort of bookmark function).

4) Changes to the text of unread post link that appears on index page so that it reads "View your unread posts" or "You have no unread posts" depending on whether or not the user has unread posts.

Feedback is welcome on this feature as I am still making changes to it.
Dean
mpmoke

Post by mpmoke »

Great!

First I thought that "what! Now I cant see new posts since last login!" but then I realised that I can see new posts since last login as well as all the unread ones!

Keep up your good work!

/Micke

8)
BMC Mini Moke 1967, English, yellow (object..)
BMC Mini Moke 1964, Rhodesian, green (running)
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

...and if you don't want all those unread icons showing, you can click on "mark all forums read" to start afresh.
("Mark all forums read" is found on the front page of the forum near the bottom of the page just above the "Who is online" box).
Dean

Return to “Site Discuss”