Moke Mailster

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Tim

Moke Mailster

Post by Tim »

After I got thinking about the subject I went delving through my records on Postie Mokes and thought I should start a new thread, seeing as they aren't Chinese. Apparently their proper name was the "Moke Mailster"

These Photos are of the "lost" one. The last photo is the before photo I believe. These photos were taken in the police impound after it was "found" I think.

You can see how they cut out the sides and fitted a big bit of angle iron as a sill to give it some strength back. The seats were replaced with a narrow bench seat. The hatchback bit is actually inside the back in this one. The person who had it had stripped it to restore.

Tim
Nigel Jones

Post by Nigel Jones »

It's a lot of work! Was there a shortage of small vans at the time? Do any of them still exist? It's the original Postman Pat van.
After 28 years, not Mokeless any more!
Tim

Post by Tim »

There aren't any still in service (haven't been for maybe 30 years), but there are still a couple around. Allan (the former member known as Choke) has one but its not restored and the photos above were taken in 2005 so that ones kicking around too. They were made in the early 70's, before that our posties were using vespa vans, bicycles, foot and motorcycles. Now its the ubiquitous Honda CT110 step through or high top transits.

Tim
Doug G
MMC Member

Re: Moke Mailster

Post by Doug G »

Interesting two part(?) front grill.
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Moke Talk”