How can you have new old stock?

Item number: 280188164717

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MINI-MOKE-BONNET ... dZViewItem :?:
Having a moking good time!
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Stock that's never been sold/used. Therefore NEW but also old .........................In a new year/old year sort of way
Tim

Post by Tim »

That seller, mymini48, is John Smidt, former owner of a business called Mini Kingdom (and now owns a new business called Mini King). When Leyland shut down in Australia there was a large quantity of spare parts kicking around. These parts are all brand new. After several years pass the business holding this old stock, get sick of it cluttering their warehouses. John was in the trade and bought up large quantities of new old stock, often abbreviated as NOS. He must have an alladdin's cave of treasure because he's been selling it off for years and doesn't seem to have run out.

He's a decent, honest guy to deal with, but he's a bit disorganised with the mailing out of stuff. Amongst the guys that do really detailed restorations, John is regarded as the man to go to for really rare stuff.

Tim
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

He also only 'dribbles' stuff out to keep the market buoyant - no use flooding the parts market and dropping prices now is there :roll: I've asked him a couple of times for extra of parts sold to others and he says he has no stock only to see it appear on eBay at a later date - Moke grill surround to be one such item.
David L
Tim

Post by Tim »

Interesting, probably a shrewd approach. I suspect that you may need to be one of his mates to get access to the really good gear. I've heard stories of him locating bolts of original upholstery fabric and stuff like that, for the right people.

Tim
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Cloth !!!! In a Moke !!!! Oh sorry I forgot, you're talking about Aus aren't you :)
Tim

Post by Tim »

No, he mostly does Mini stuff, the late model Australian Minis had fancy honeycomb pattern fabric in the seat inserts, of course no one makes that anymore.
I've seen customised Mokes with cloth interiors. My mate used to use lambswool seat covers, and let me tell you they are a delight to sit in after a rain shower. Like riding a wet sheep.

Tim
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

"Like riding a wet sheep" :shock: Hope he took his wellies ? [/img][/code][/quote]
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:"Like riding a wet sheep" :shock: Hope he took his wellies ? [/img][/code]
[/quote] Now now this is a respectable site.

Suggest you go to

http://www.muttonbone.com/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tim

Post by Tim »

I think I might wait until I'm not using a work computer before I click that link.

Tim
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Tim wrote:I think I might wait until I'm not using a work computer before I click that link.Tim
Wise decision. I am led to understand that there are references to inflatable sheep, T-shirts, mugs...

This information was sent to me by a friend :wink: "darkred]We are Americas Blow up Sheep Company! Our premier product, the Love Ewe Inflatable Love Sheep, is the ultimate gag gift. Perfect for all of your upcoming bachelor, bachelorette, birthday, retirement, or fraternity parties!
  Love Ewe is a hit at parties! It's a hilarious, life sized, high quality, anatomically correct, inflatable sheep with red garters, fishnet stockings, and lipstick. What more do you need?[/color] ""

I am also led to believe that it is a 'joke gift'' site.
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

Did someone mention sheep?
http://www.adultsheepfinder.com/
Enjoy you pervs... :roll:
BTW, it is safe for work. :wink:
Tim

Post by Tim »

Robin Jones wrote:Did someone mention sheep?
http://www.adultsheepfinder.com/
Enjoy you pervs... :roll:
BTW, it is safe for work. :wink:
Why is it that we're the pervs? You blokes are the ones with these sites bookmarked.

Tim
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Robin - It's NOT SAFE ...... I just fell off my chair laughing when I clicked the "country" button
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:Robin - It's NOT SAFE ...... I just fell off my chair laughing when I clicked the "country" button
Unfortunately I cannot visit the sites. There is parental control on the computer and I do not know how to remove it.

Return to “eBay”