What did you do with your moke at the weekend?

Posts relating to the Club.
David Hunt
MMC Member

What did you do with your moke at the weekend?

Post by David Hunt »

Well I decided it was about time my moke became a bit more competetive so I entered an AUTOSOLO, (it's an all forwards autotest, no reversing, so much less damaging on transmission etc). Had to enter a class for saloon cars up to 1400cc, so up against Fiestas, Saxos, Rover Mini, Astra, MG ZR. With only 34hp it was going to be an interesting day but managed to take a class win and also gave some of the other entrants in the bigger engined cars a run for their money. Ended up 6th overall out of a field of 25! Will I do another? You bet, I can't wait for the next one, looks like the Cooper S will be abandoned in the garage in future. It really is a fantastic way to spend a Sunday, beats thrashing around Asda's car park anytime. Lots of motor clubs are organising this type of event now, trying to encourage people to get back into motorsport. If you fancy ago, and it really is loads of fun, look for your local motor club(s) and see what they have to offer or failing that try the MSA web site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGS_NtENBXs

:D :) 8) :lol: :P
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

How do you know the route? It looks really complicated.
Having a moking good time!
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Hi Doug

Very simple really. The course is laid out with traffic cones. The "Gates" that you have to go through are numbered 1,2,3...........etc. and the slalom bits have two cones on their side (you can see that in the vid) pointing at the cone(s) you have to go round. You are given a diagram of the test before the event starts (see it taped over the speedo in case of brain fade :oops:) and you are able to walk the test a number of times before the competition starts. Usually there are two tests, AM & PM that are both slightly different. Entrants are split into three groups, which rotate function i.e. Group 1 test, Group 2 rest, Group 3 marshal then change. You get two sessions, four runs per session, in AM and two sessions, three runs per session, in PM. From these you are allowed to drop your worst AM and PM time to get an overall time for the day. Penalties are added to your time for either hitting a cone, 5 sec, or wrong test maximum time plus 30 secs. Answer is not to get lost! :cry: And that's it.

A bit of competition, plenty of banter and lots of help from your fellow competitors in the paddock if things go wrong with the motor make for a real fun day out. All for £20.00 entry fee plus a bit of gas.

:D :) 8) :lol: :P :wink:
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

£20 !... Dear God ! when i did 'em it used to be a fiver

Return to “Club Talk”