HS4 Carb

Steve

HS4 Carb

Post by Steve »

#0000BF]On the original manifold/carb, there is an alloy spacer fitted that I am guessing was to help dissipate heat from the cast manifold before it got to the carb, having fit the Cooper alloy manifold is there still a need to fit this spacer? I'm guessing not, but would like some confirmation please.

Edit: .... There is also a plate sandwiched in there as well, used to fasten the original air filter housing to (no longer needed) and the plate is folded to give what looks like heat protection? to the underside of the bowl, can I get rid of this too? [/color]
Steve

Things go better with a Moke
Tim

Re: HS4 Carb

Post by Tim »

There's no heat shield on Australian Mokes, so I doubt its needed. I have a Mini spares water heated alloy inlet manifold and have never had over heating problems with the carb. I've had carb freezing, with a cut standard inlet manifold though. That's quite exciting (in the sense of something you never want to happen again).

Tim
Steve

Post by Steve »

#0000BF]Thanks Tim,

To confirm the carb/carb flange is bolted directly onto the alloy inlet manifold & the plate to hold the original air filter housing can be junked, that now gives me room to fit the K&N filter to the carb. :D [/color]
Steve

Tim

Post by Tim »

Mine has a steel plate between the carb and the manifold that the throttle return spring mounts to, like this:

If you have a standard exhaust, there's also a little bracket that attaches to one of the exhaust clamp bolts that does the same job.

Tim
Steve

Post by Steve »

#0000BF]Happy with that Tim, it was the other steel plate and the alloy spacer I needed to junk....[/color]
Steve

Return to “Cooling/Fuel/Exhaust”