Ebay find?

Discussions relating to pre-production prototype Mokes.
jocro69

Ebay find?

Post by jocro69 »

Mini Moke Proto type Complete Side English Mk1/2 HI. I HAD A PROTO TYPE MOKE AT ONE TIME THAT HAD TWIN FUEL TANKS AND A REAR DIFF WITH FRONT AND REAR DRIVE LIKE A LAND ROVER. 4 WHEEL DRIVE. IT MUST HVE BEEN AFTER THE TWINI MOKE AS THE GEARBOXES AND DIFF WERE ALSO USE IN HILL CLIMBING EVENTS. ALAS ALL I HAVE LEFT ISTHE RE-MANUFACTURED OPOSITE SIDE TO THE NORMAL MOKE. I TRYED HARD TO FIND OUT ITS HISTORY BUT WAS UN-ABLE TO. BUT CAME UP WITH ANOTHER PROTO TYPE IN THE U.S THAT IS NOT FOR SALE AND I DO NOT OWN. SO FOR A ONE OFF CHANCE TO AS NEAR TO THE PROTO TYPE MOKE YOU NEED THESE REPODUCTION PARTS ARE NOT CHEEP BUT WOULD TREBLE AT LEAST YOUR INVESTMENT IN A MOKE. MAKE ME A SERIOUS OFFER AND YOU MAY BE LUCKY FOR THIS 4 PIECE ITEM..NOT TO BAD WHEN YOU BREAK IT DOWN FOR THE ITEMS....GOOD LUCK... HARRY

I found this on ebay today. Can anyone enlighten me? The full listing can be found at:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Richard
Tim

Re: Ebay find?

Post by Tim »

Richard, we've ben discussing that here:
http://www.mokeclub.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =56&t=4058

The price is mind boggling when you consider that you could reasonably easily alter existing parts to be exactly the same for vastly less cost. The car that could be built from these parts will never be original so why bother spending so much on these scraps?

There were 4wd prototypes built in Australia around '79/'80 that fit the description, and one was sent back to the UK for assessment by 'head office', so it is possible that these were parts of that car. Its also possible that it was something else completely.

4wd drive prototypes have been discussed on the Australian Moke forum a bit lately, there are mixed opinions about them but not a lot of fact unfortunately. There is one on the road, the Moke Quadra, but it wasn't factory built. I've spent a little while lying on my back underneath it, its very well done, but uses a transverse leaf spring out of a Triumph Herald at the rear, unlike the factory ones that had modified subframes.

Tim

Return to “Prototypes”