REAR SEATS

Doug G
MMC Member

Re: REAR SEATS

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:Is that the one you used for the SF policewoman Doug ?
I did NOT use anything for the SF policewoman. At the time of the light kiss between the two vehicles I was driving a Ford Escape. :lol:

(Not mine - its a googled picture)
Having a moking good time!
garry clayton

Post by garry clayton »

pj that would be great if you could post a photo for me. it just so happens that the front seats i have are Denim but are well past there best as well, but the frames are also showing signs of wear as there is a crack in one of the mounting points were they bolt through. if you could post a photo and let me know what you what for them as well i would greatly appreciate it thanks
Garry
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Ford escape or great escape ?
Come on summer
PJ

Post by PJ »

I can't find how to put pictures on here or into a pm, but I have managed to put some into the gallery!

The seat frame is very basic - almost looks homemade - but the cushions are covered with what I'm fairly sure is genuine 'denim' vinyl (matches the rotted-out front tombstones, anyway) so I assume it must be a factory seat. Can anyone confirm this? The cushions are simple rectangular foam on flat boards and will require remaking with new boards, foam and covers.

Garry - I'll send you a pm in the morning - got to go now, sorry
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
Tim

Post by Tim »

I don't know when or how long that style was used for, but I've seen the same style in a few Mokes. They were either factory or dealer fitted I think. More commonly two front seats were fitted into the back - that works OK with the early low back ones but the high backs and tombstones get in the way of the roof folding down.

That style of seat is very hard to find here, and is worth a lot in Australia.

Tim
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

Doug G wrote:
Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:Is that the one you used for the SF policewoman Doug ?
I did NOT use anything for the SF policewoman. At the time of the light kiss between the two vehicles I was driving a Ford Escape. :lol:
Just to take this thread totally off the tracks....
Have any of you guys read "Don't Kiss Me It's Very Terrible" by John and Carys Pollard?
Great book telling the adventure of a young couple and their '64 Morris Mini Traveler. They drove it from Englend to the middle east & Orient to settle in Australia. Twenty odd years later, they reversed the trip with a slightly different route.
Find a copy it's a good read.
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I've been meaning to track a copy of it down. I think its available from watto's "The Mini Experience" magazine website. The other good one is "Eurasian Moke" by Albert Laing. Its not easy to find, but is the story of an overland trip to the UK in a Moke.

Tim
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Sounds like the Eurasian Moke book
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

:oops: Sorry -- Didn't see that last post before mine :oops: