Sea France

Freewheeling banter.....anything goes as long as it's clean and nothing to do with Mokes.
teardrop
MMC Member

Sea France

Post by teardrop »

please note any one booking with sea france THEY ARE OFFICIALY in the hands of the reciversplease look at bbc news website,
Paul
loose wheels dont roll forever
janz
MMC Member

Re: Sea France

Post by janz »

Thanks for that info Paul. Amazes me how even in such circumstances, companies still take bookings, risking leaving non-suspecting customers stranded. Mind you..... great if you like frogs and snails :lol: Got stuck in Algeria like that myself.... Alitalia strike, still took my money! :x
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
teardrop
MMC Member

Post by teardrop »

i have heard that DFDS offered a poultry 5 mill good insult i think mr french pesident did not like it up em .Is preident a form of chesse?
mmmmmm
come the day of the revolution
loose wheels dont roll forever
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi All. The problem is, at the risk of upsetting teardrop. The French union CGT ( of which a friend of mine was a representative at a Peugeot plant, he lost his job as well) wants all the jobs saved, so probably none will be saved, at least DFDS would save some jobs, and Janz is right about the bookings thing.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
carrie

Post by carrie »

Sea France has been in administration for about a year now, but it all became critical in November. There have been two offers for the company, one refused by the courts (not the French government) and another is being considered but likely to also be refused (deemed a government bail out). I understand that it is possible the Union might also have put in a bid. Sea France have not been taking bookings since November, however they are honouring all bookings that have been made with them, i.e. transferring passengers to other cross channel carriers. If Sea France is to be wound up as company, I have been advised by Sea France that refunds will be made for outstanding bookings, mainly to affect people who have carnets.

Hopefully an offer has been presented to the courts which will be accepted, but unlikely to hear anything before the end of January.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi All. just been announced on the radio 15:00 UK news that Seafrance has gone into liquidation, with the loss of 900 jobs. No mention was given of any one with outstanding tickets. A link to the BBC News website attached.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16469300
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
carrie

Post by carrie »

Sea France were transferring customers to other carriers up until today. If you have an unused ticket/carnet Sea France have asked that people contact them for a refund. Their website is www.seafrance.com . Most are probably luckier than us, as Phil did travel out with Sea France a couple of hours befor the announcement was made. I now need to find a carrier so we can get him back.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

What about the chunnel ? :)
Come on summer
carrie

Post by carrie »

or DFDS or P&O. Have to see since the camper is so big.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Glad you said that and not the driver :wink:
Come on summer

Return to “Side Scream”