Prototype Moke 1963 rare find???

Discussions relating to pre-production prototype Mokes.
Marc556

Prototype Moke 1963 rare find???

Post by Marc556 »

Hi,
I have inherited a 1963 prototype mini moke that I beleive is one of only two remaining in the U.K it has the square headlights rather than round! In blue with white roof! It has been stored in dry barn in South of France for past 10yrs...It is in fairly good condition but has not been used all that time??? Needs TLC... however would anyone please advise on approximate value as I am looking to sell it?? also would anyone be interested in purchasing it before I put it on ebay??
The car vehicle reg doc shows it's date of registration to be 14 MARCH 1963 - A plate (Industrial production did not start until 1964) Car type and make confirms Morris Mini Moke / 2 axle rigid body landrover/jeep.

Marc
Last edited by Marc556 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:37, edited 5 times in total.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Prototype Moke 1963 rare find???

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I'm sure there is plenty of help to be had here, but do you have any pictures of it ? it makes things a wholelot easier if we can see what we're talking about.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Yes, pictures are a great help, worth thousands of words.
Having a moking good time!
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

Sounds more like a JIMINI or similar kit car.....I doubt that any mokes however prototypical had square headlights?.....the date of 1963 also sounds like the donor car chassis number was used?

look forward to some pics ...ken
Tim

Post by Tim »

I have a bad feeling that Ken is probably right, but I'm not saying anything, I was caught out once before, accusing a military moke of being home-made. I'm hoping it is some kind of interesting early prototype.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Marc556

Post by Marc556 »

Hi,

On the vehicle registration Document it says Make: Morrris Mini Moke and model type 2 axle rigid body land rover...Date of registration 14/3/63.

Cant seem to get photos on here? How do I attach them???

Marc
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Open a 'Photobucket' or similar account.

EG http://photobucket.com/

Upload the picture(s) to the album.

To post here, hover mouse over the picture.

The following options will appear:
Email & IM
Direct link
HTML code
IMG code

Copy the IMG code

Paste it in the post here.

You can also do this by clicking on the Img icon in the menu bar above and paste the code in between the bracketed imgs

IE [img]Paste%20code%20here[/img]
Having a moking good time!
MiniCord

Post by MiniCord »

Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I've put a picture of it in the gallery - think it should be in the "latest uploads" section . Take a look and see what you think
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

Here we go again!

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Wicked thought, if you bought this, bought an English shell from some one. As the description is mini Moke. Would you have the oldest/youngest Moke in existance?
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

grantourer wrote:Wicked thought, if you bought this, bought an English shell from some one. As the description is mini Moke. Would you have the oldest/youngest Moke in existance?
Not getting involved with that one Graham, but I reckon you would only have the one moke between them 8)
Good to see that my moking crystal ball is still working OK? :twisted:
luv ken
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

I note that the seller Marc has chosen to disregard our opinion and is insisting that his "moke" is a rare prototype of which only two were built?
Can I just state my opinion (based on decades of experience) in case potential buyers read the moke forum and need to know the truth?....this vehicle is NOT a prototype moke....it is not even a moke !
I feel very strongly that people may be duped into bidding due to this incorrect description.....sorry marc, but this is NOT a moke prototype, I wish it was.
Ken
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Joking apart from my earlier posts. I fully agree with Ken's comments, and trust that the seller Marc will do the decent thing and correct his listing. I suspect that the buyer will be disappointed when He/She applies to heritage for a certificate and discovers their rare find is in actual fact a normal mini
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

As an after thought, does any one have a prototype picture they could post on here?
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate

Return to “Prototypes”