Seat runners for English Moke seat

janz
MMC Member

Re: Seat runners for English Moke seat

Post by janz »

Thanks Dean,
Do you know if anyone is making new seat base foams for them? They're getting a bit 'boney'. Also, having looked at standard Mini seat runners, they wouldn't fit in a Moke. Does anyone make or sell a seat runner or subframe kit that I could fit between my lowered English seat and the cross member?
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

janz wrote:Thanks Dean,
Do you know if anyone is making new seat base foams for them? They're getting a bit 'boney'. Also, having looked at standard Mini seat runners, they wouldn't fit in a Moke. Does anyone make or sell a seat runner or subframe kit that I could fit between my lowered English seat and the cross member?
You can buy the rubber diaphragms from Newton Commercial http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/products/27 ... ucts-2779/ but I don't think you can get the formed foam anywhere. You can just stuff it with a modern equivalent and it should be OK (did this myself some years ago).
Can't advise on runners though.
Dean
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

How much adjustment do you get with those type of seats ?
Come on summer
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Well, both Rose-Marie and I drive the Aussie comfortably. She's 5'3" and I'm 6'3" 8) . I would say there is some 6" or more of lateral movement. I drove all the way to Arkholme from Wantage - 11 hours and survived. I couldn't do that in the 64 Moke :x (at the moment). Even R-M said, once seated in the 64 that she found the leg room tight. Plan is to get the same amount of travel as the Aussie Moke, keeping the seat quite low - perhaps an inch higher than it is in the lowered state allowing for runners.
JanZ
PJ

Post by PJ »

How do you get 6" lateral movement for your seats? They must be extremely narrow or has your main body tub been widened? :shock: Try remounting the sliders lengthways instead of across the seats

I think 6" fore and aft movement may be more useful :lol:

Hi Janz,
don't take me too seriously - nobody else does. Good to hear you've got a new toy: when are we going to see some pictures? Better still, will you be bringing it to Hatton at Easter?

Cheers

PJ
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hey, don't forget... I are a Engineer and a forinner :lol: No offence taken PJ, it was probably Mr Bunnahbhain speaking. Anyway, lateral is a point of view. I was looking at the side of the car when I dreamt that beauty up 8). Actually looking down the posts... it was only last night, so it was all my own doing and not as a result of Islay malt assistance :? I do sometimes feel the tub could be a bit wider. How about reshaping a scallop into the paniers to accomodate gluti maximi :D
Yes... new toy was unplanned and unexpected... but very welcome :mrgreen: Don't know how I'm going to fund this yet... but hey, as the Grass Roots sang in 67 - 'Let's live for today'!

Pictures are in my user gallery - here is an example
or look at runamoke site. It's on several pages.

Hatton weekend at Easter... not sure as we usually have family over and it may not go down well if we disappear :roll: If we do make it it will be for 1 or 2 days :wink:
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan. Nice looking Moke, all you need is some Weathermasters. Have you thought about using runners from the after market bucket seat suppliers?
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

That's what I was going to suggest. Try looking at Demon Tweeks website (that might be Tweaks)
Come on summer
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

grantourer wrote:Hi Jan. Nice looking Moke, all you need is some Weathermasters. Have you thought about using runners from the after market bucket seat suppliers?
Thanks Graham - yes I'm quite smitten and probably do not deserve her this early in my Moking carreer :oops: I have registered interest with the possible manufacturers of Weathermasters. Their reply sounded as though they were going to be quite expensive if and when available. How are the Aquajets?
Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:That's what I was going to suggest. Try looking at Demon Tweeks website (that might be Tweaks)
I did have a look at those runner options, but they all appear to be for Mini. There is an angled bracket at the front. Not having looked closely yet at how Moke seats are fitted - the 64 looks just bolted to a flat surface - what mods would need to be made?
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan. The aquajets are excellent, and worth the money. I suppose tyre choice is also down to the use you put a Moke too. I believe in using them for the rough and the smooth. However their is abody that feels the cost of them means no rough stuff. My comment to that is look at the number of Series 1 land Rovers used for trailing and off road fun.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

grantourer wrote:Have you thought about using runners from the after market bucket seat suppliers?
Bought some seat runners for bucket / boat / go-kart seats from KDR Seating - single side locking http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUCKET-SEAT-R ... 3a6745b423 fitted them today - only needed to chase one hole in each of the lower runners slightly to fit the cross member and seat perfectly. No mods needed to precious Moke steel :wink: . Managed to move the seat some 5" back. Perfect seating position, but probably helped by the fact that my driver seat was already lowered by 1.5" by Runamoke. The runners have a profile of 19mm high, so I'm still about 18mm lower than the standard seat. Even with Power Steering (the bakelite 16" wheel :lol: ) it's still a breeze, and I can get my foot on the high beam switch too - Bonus! 8). Went for a posing spin today, lots of hoots and thumbs up :D
Will post picture later
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

i used to use my Aussie for rough and show. Now I've got 2 I can use one for show and one for go :P
Come on summer
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Who's a poet and didn't know it? :lol:
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member