The Ace Cafe 2013

NW London
johng
MMC Member

Re: The Ace Cafe 2013

Post by johng »

Can't believe it's only 4 weeks to go. We got 6ins of snow with 4-5 ft drifts blowing across the road off the fields. As it's only 0 degrees I go for a little drive - Bit chilly. Think camping @ Easter next weekend is out the window !
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

This time last year was tee shirts and roofs down! Snowed albeit lightly today.... still, what falls now won't fall later. Got English Moke out today - short drive, and back into the snug. FUD Moke wouldn't start. Even my investment in a trickle charger wasn't enough to save the (already starting to fail) battery! Fingers crossed for the ACE
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Last March was fantastic , then the summer was a complete washout ! So this year March is awful which means we must be in for a brilliant summer ! I live in hope
brooklands marshal

Post by brooklands marshal »

hi after meeting you guys yesterday cold damp and in good fettle, i just joined your forum my name is steve and yes i,m a brooklands marshal (the one that collects moke drive shafts of test hill )
reason for posting i live 20 minutes away from the ace cafe and offer my services if required to help out at this event please let me know if you need me in a proffesional way or just a casual helper
we have a good team at brookland and if you hold events and need extra help we might be able to help
but we do have a full calender so advance warning is needed
steve
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Hi Steve, I just thawed out from Sunday at Brooklands!.Thanks for your kind offer of help at the forthcoming Ace Cafe event, we should be OK but you're more than welcome to attend & give support. I know Phil, whose bits & pieces you swept up off The Test Hill last year, would appreciate some "Waiter Service", eg bacon sarnies,teas, coffees etc., on the day! Hope to see you there. Regards, Andy Woolhouse.
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

because we don't have a subscription for the boat, and we come to the 30th Birthday weekend.
We don't come to the Ace café this year :cry:
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Good man Weske. You cannot do everything & 30th is a Big One for the Club. I'll try to send you photos of Ace Cafe.Looking forward to it as my 1st official outing of the year. NO SNOW ! Keep Moking along !
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Hi all ,

Will be traveling to the Ace cafe on sat , does any one want to meet up for the travel down.

I will be passing Leicester about 9.00 ish

We could meet at Newport Pagnall about 9.45, leave no later that 10.00 that would get us there for 11.00.

Stephen.
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Sounds good to me. Meet you N.P. Services if you don't overtake me on motorway !
teardrop
MMC Member

Post by teardrop »

see you at NP
paul h
loose wheels dont roll forever
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Thanks Andy, great day out, good to see all the Mokes, and the sun shone.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

How good was that ! After a long cold winter - You get one glorious day for the start of summer. Great to see everyone again to shinwag about our cars. Looking forward to 30th W/e - Keep this weather going
P.S. As discussed - next year how about drive through Central London - Mable Arch , Park Lane , Oxford St. + Kings Road (home of the English Moke). Well done & THANKS
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

John.......the traffic going home through London was horrendous!!! On paper it sounds a great idea but on tarmac.......ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

ok ok nice weather ... but where are the photos ??
Maybe next year we are back there ;)

See you all next week !!
By the way: the yellow moke is back driving from today. A new cilinder head stage 3. Now the first 1000km easy drive modus 8)
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Traffic no wonder ! - London Marathon tomorrow , but normally on a Saturday if we glue 12/14 Mokes bumper-to-bumper We can get a drive round ? Maybe ?? Or Not. Just an idea

Return to “Ace Cafe - April 20th”