English moke for £1.500

The place for eBay Moke alerts/comments/moans and laughs
Racing Green

English moke for £1.500

Post by Racing Green »

The catch is, it's in Texas: http://www.minimania.com/msgThread/1123 ... ale__CHEEP
US$ 2.000 negotiable
The garage was too short for a full sized moke, so I just bought a Schmitt ;-)

http://www.minisaroundtheworld.be
http://www.mokesaroundtheworld.be
http://www.minipickup.org
Dean
MMC Member

Re: English moke for £1.500

Post by Dean »

Join the queue :lol:
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

They made LEFT hand drive 'English' Mini Mokes?

Having a moking good time!
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Doug,
Mine was built as LHD as it was exported to the US. Only reverted to RHD on restoration when it returned in 2009. Along with the Moke came the LHD steering rack (the only bit you have to replace to convert from one to the other).
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

I would of thought that a large percentage of Mokes were originally LHD as most were exported to far flung corners of the World.
My first Moke (The Wheeler Dealers Moke) was originally a lefty as it had been originally sent to somewhere in the Middle East.
Most of the World drive on the "Wrong side of the road" (said in my best Michael Caine accent).
See HERE
Dean
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Why do you think the speedo is in the middle Doug ? And those holes in the bulkhead at the passenger side aren't just for the heater hoses you know :)
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:Why do you think the speedo is in the middle Doug ?
A bit like the Land Rover Series IIA that I had. 8)
swemoke
MMC Member

Post by swemoke »

Dean wrote:Most of the World drive on the "Wrong side of the road"
In Sweden we had left-hand traffic until 3 September 1967, but the cars have always been left-hand drive 8)
At 04:28 in the video we change from left-hand to right-hand traffic, when will you have the courage to change sides :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

//Thomas
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Thomas, we are still on mph, yards countdown to intersections, distance signs in miles but we have changed to litres for petrol (this was just to con us out of more money though!)!
We are bonkers or put it another way - we are English!
Dont you think its kind of novel to change sides if you come over here? Dosent it bring back memories of the sixtys for you?
It would not do for us all to be the same - so we will proberbly stay as we are, as things are going we will proberbly end up leaving the EU, so the thought of driving on the right will be so far down the list of things for the govenment to do that it will never happen. In any case what would be the benefit to justify the enormous cost?
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Samoa was the last country to change sides but they went from right to left.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8243110.stm
Dean
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I heard that Ireland were going to change sides for a trial period, with commercial vehicles changing to drive on the right on a Monday, Wednesday and a Friday and the private vehicles changing to drive on the right on Tuesdays, Thursdays and on the weekends for a two month trial period. :roll:
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Ireland has speed limit signs in MPH and distances in Km. Speedos are MPH too :shock:
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Didn't everyone drive on the left originally ?
Come on summer
swemoke
MMC Member

Post by swemoke »

Wally2 wrote:We are bonkers or put it another way - we are English!
Sorry just forgot :mrgreen:
Dont you think its kind of novel to change sides if you come over here? Dosent it bring back memories of the sixtys for you?
I was only six years old 1967 and was not allowed to take my bike on the road :wink:

The first time I drive on the wrong side was 1989 on the way to IMM at Silverstone.
The was a experience, first question were starting the left traffic?
When we drove out of the boat, it was one-way so no problem, then we came to a large customs house with dozens of gates the first car take the first open gate and we come to one of the latest, which means the right side of the house.
And when we drive out on the other side we follow the road to the right and that was not so good :shock: :shock:
It would not do for us all to be the same - so we will proberbly stay as we are, as things are going we will proberbly end up leaving the EU, so the thought of driving on the right will be so far down the list of things for the govenment to do that it will never happen. In any case what would be the benefit to justify the enormous cost?
But something has happen the last 100 years in Britten, you have drop shilling and change to a more normal way to count .

And what I have heard you also has start to change to mm of Corse inch by inch :mrgreen:
Inch size are change to standard 25,4 mm in the 70:s and this value come from the metrics system.
I heard that Ireland were going to change sides for a trial period, with commercial vehicles changing to drive on the right on a Monday, Wednesday and a Friday and the private vehicles changing to drive on the right on Tuesdays,
Doug,
Vi does this way also in Sweden, the was only commercial vehicles, Taxi, Police and Ambulance as change side on 5am on 3 sep, all other vehicles change later at the day :wink:

//Thomas
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Thomas,
Yes we are sort of changing to mm and cm and mtrs but you must understand that if you say to and English person 250mm the first thing he will do to visualise that distance is to think - mmmm thats about 10 inches - then he can appriciate what you are talking about!
First time I was driving in Sweden, I was ok until I pulled into a petrol station to fill up. Coming out of the station with no traffic about I had to sit and really think hard which side of the road I needed to head for to go the way I wanted to go!
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “eBay”