London New Years Day Parade 2014

London
Lindandy

Re: London New Years Day Parade 2014

Post by Lindandy »

No, no particular area or show, it's up to you! Mods, Rockers, Flower Power, "The Prisoner"....take your pick! Unless someone wants to suggest a theme? As long as it's Sixties based.
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Key problem is... back in the 60's, fashionable Moke drivers were in their 20's - we can all dress up, but we can't hide the grey hair, wrinkles, and rheumatoid symptoms :lol:

Consider these key events:

1 January 1964 Top of the Pops first broadcast on the BBC
Aug 1964: First Notting Hill Carnival
Jan 1965: The Who's first single
8 November 1965 Death penalty is abolished in Great Britain
1966: The miniskirt arrives!
30 Jul 1966: England win the World Cup
11 March 1967 Pink Floyd release 'Arnold layne' - a song about a cross dresser
1 June 1967 The Beatles release their 8th album 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'
20 July 1969 Neil Armstrong becomes the first man to walk on the moon
15–18 August 1969 Woodstock music festival
2 March 1969 Concorde's maiden flight
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

OK all, I know this sounds a bit vague but at the moment it's all the info I have received from the organisers. There will be some info in the next Mag but not full details. The organisers originally said that full details would be sent by Sept. now they say they can only supply them by the end of November! It is very important therefore that you read what information they have given us, it will be, as I say, in the Nov. issue of Moking. I will be posting the full details on this site as soon as I receive them and endeavour to contact everyone via e/mail and/or phone. But please, please, please keep a regular check on the Forum site for full details. Regards, Andy.
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

of course we still check this topic :wink:
we already make our plans to celebrate the 31 decembers new years eve in London with the fireworks.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Good man Wes! Look forward to seeing you soon! Andy,
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Hi all, as I thought might happen, we have "Lost" a Moke for this event, so we now have room for 1 more....Any takers out there!!!! Let me know ASAP. Andy.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Just had another cancellation! So we now need 2 more! Any takers? Andy.
garry clayton

Post by garry clayton »

hi folks has anyone got any plans for new years eve in London yet ? i'm not sure whether to travel down on the morning or the night before. is there anyone that lives anywhere Lincoln or on route that would like to travel down together? At the moment i have a spare seat as my better half wont be able to come down with me so if there are any takers just let me know. one last thing do we have a meeting place and time yet i know that there was talk that the event organisers had a suggested location but i haven't seen it yet. i would just like to know so i can make some plans. looking forward to a chilly day in the new year!!
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Hi all, at last the details have arrived!! So here goes with a "Potted" version. I am going to e/mail everyone & also send some stuff through the post that you will need on the day. so as it's coming up to Christmas...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....e/mail me your addresses and numbers of people who will be in your Moke IMMEDIATELY YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE!!!!
1. We are to assemble in the BLUE area, parking in assembly point No. 66. The assembly area is in "Piccadilly". You must enter Piccadilly from Hyde Park Corner.
2. We are to arrive between 10.30 am & 11.20 am.
3. All vehicles must display a LNYDP Vehicle Permit on their windscreen. I'll be posting this to you. Don't worry if it gets lost in the post, just let me know as I have a number of spares/
4. All people in the vehicles must wear a wrist band. Again these will be posted to you.
I suggest that we all make our own way to the event as it's a bit awkward trying to find a parking space in London where we can all park up without being fined or towed away! But pleases respond ASAP. Regards, Andy.
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

and what we do for dress code ? What we do with the Mokes ?
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Wes...it's 60's gear!!! Dress up the Moke as you wish....Flowers....feathers.....union flags....Mods/Rockers.....anything from the 60's....see you there!!! Amdy
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

Today we have booked the shuttle 8)
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Good man Wes...see you there. Andy.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi All,
Just programmed the magic box (Sky box) for the event! Its live on Sky channel 192 Showcase2 on New Years Day from 11:45am to 3:30 pm.
I believe it will be repeated on Sat and Sun 4th & 5th Jan at 4pm on the same channel.
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Thanks Chris, I've just had the details from the organisers! It's also being streamed live on www.information.tv Here's hoping for some decent weather! Andy.

Return to “London New Years Day Parade - January 1st”