MMC Member

Re: Interesting Moke with history

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

THAT would be worth a bid (or two)
Come on summer
Jersey Moke

Post by Jersey Moke »

Could this become a Moke Club promotional vehicle as it has such an interesting history ?
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Absolutely interesting Moke! There is still some time left to get it ready for the Moke 50 event...

Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Tim

Post by Tim »

Nick Rouault wrote:Could this become a Moke Club promotional vehicle as it has such an interesting history ?
Maybe bankrupt the club buying it. Surely it will fetch a huge price?

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
4XMOKE

Post by 4XMOKE »

Sold for £11730.00 plus buyers premium no doubt.
My other car is a Moke......
My other Moke is an Ant....
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

No, the £11730.00 included the buyers premium, be interesting to know what happens to it now? Perhaps Gaydon bought it to go alongside the Twinny?
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Motor-Mouse

Post by Motor-Mouse »

The car is now in safe hands, tucked away in dry storage for the time being and I will tell you more once I have it back in my workshop, as there's not a lot to say at this point. Its an early 64 Moke, what else can one ask for in a Moke, its heritage and 'previous' is a bonus, a real bonus..........M-M. Cant wait to learn more about it myself. I'm all ears.
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

As you already know this Moke was modified with many experimental systems under the ownership of the late Alex Moulton. I was told years ago that they ran it up and down the steep drive down to the stables courtyard, over wooden blocks of varying height that were inserted into slots in the tarmac.
These slots are still there!
There is a book which was written by AM and details his auto suspension work over the decades...a must?

ken 8)
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

This is one of my Moulton collection, this is from 1967.

Motor-Mouse

Post by Motor-Mouse »

Couldn't afford a Moulton Bike, so I bought the Moke instead.......(really those bikes fetch some serious money), It seems the Moke doesn't have holes in the bottom like the Flintstones either, so I guess I wont be pedalling it....., which is a bonus. Thanks for your input re the Moke history, its all very interesting information to know, and as I said before I'm all ears, now all I need are some photos to back up the holes in the ground you mention, and the wooden blocks. It would all make some sense too, as it would be a great way of seeing what the suspension does from one corner to the other as one strut is depressed due to the timber protruding above the surface of the road, and how the car should level itself out on the HydroSpastic. This would explain the many shut off valves implemented in his prototype design. ON to another subject, but suspension related I recently had 2 different mark 1 Cooper Minis, one on Hydro, and the other on Cones, one I built to do the Monte in (on Cones, with camber, caster, etc,, and the other was a beautiful Rust Free LHD car I imprtoed from the S/France on its original Hydro, both had there uses, sold them both now, and I cant wait to use the Moke, but both had their own style for driving in, and were fun, fun, fun.....
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

I will see what I can find out...check out my stuff?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/worksmoulton/
Motor-Mouse

Post by Motor-Mouse »

The Mini Marcos looks like it was taken when it was new, Great colour scheme. The photo collection of bikes is pretty impressive, as is the Moke, very tidy.
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

Thanks m-m the marcos was built in Bradford on Avon and I think the club was celebrating AMs 90th birthday at a special exhibition of his work?
The bikes are rather special...I collect the Cooper S equivalent of the bicycle world, the handbuilt Moulton S range!
I have owned the Moke for decades...k

This is the book you should own...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21399225@N ... eKQ-dgsyQF
Motor-Mouse

Post by Motor-Mouse »

kenbutterfield wrote:Thanks m-m the marcos was built in Bradford on Avon and I think the club was celebrating AMs 90th birthday at a special exhibition of his work?
The bikes are rather special...I collect the Cooper S equivalent of the bicycle world, the handbuilt Moulton S range!
I have owned the Moke for decades...k

This is the book you should own...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21399225@N ... eKQ-dgsyQF

I thought it was out of print...., but had then checked Amazon, and ordered it only the other night, so should be delivered ready to read over Chrimbo......

Return to “eBay”