Original Battery 1968?

swemoke
MMC Member

Original Battery 1968?

Post by swemoke »

Now I finally start up my Moke, I now looking for a correct battery.
Which dimension has a original battery to a Moke from -68 and has it exposed cell joiner or close mono-lid Battery?
Anyone knows or have old picture to share?

Thanks in advance
//Thomas
swemoke
MMC Member

Re: Original Battery 1968?

Post by swemoke »

I change my question, which battery you use in your Moke, dimension?
I have found in a other topic CODE P310D L 240 W 135 H 204 but before I order this battery I want to check what is the normal battery to use.

//Thomas
Tim

Post by Tim »

I think a P310D is the same as an LM43D which is what I have at the moment. I can find two sets of dimensions with a quick look online.

Length: 236 mm
Width: 128 mm
Height: 223 mm

Length:235 mm
Width:132 mm
Height:200 mm

I prefer to uses a sealed low maintenance battery because they tend to leak less acid into the battery carrier. Some people avoid using batteries with the terminals that project up past the top of the battery because of the risk that they will short against the side of the pannier while putting the battery in. I use a normal style of battery but always leave the plastic protective covers over the terminal until its in the Moke.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
swemoke
MMC Member

Post by swemoke »

Thanks Tim
//Thomas

Return to “Electrical”