Details

Wensleydale, North Yorkshire
Andrew

Re: Details

Post by Andrew »

Hi,
We trucked up at the Wensleydale show 10.30am on Saturday to say hello but apparently you'd all gone for a drive ☹️.
So, plan B, we went to the Black Sheep Brewery on Sunday, saw ten Mokes there, had a couple of very nice pints and said hello to a couple of members.
My Moke lives abroad so apologies I can't contribute to such meets/events as much as I'd like to but thanks for the excuse of a weekend in Yorkshire.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Sorry about that, in normal circumstances and operation in moke time we'd probably have still been "setting off" at that time on Saturday but I had to be strict with them all as I knew where we were headed and how long it could take :D
Come on summer
Drake
MMC Member

Post by Drake »

I'm gutted i didnt make this - such a shame given how local I was too. I had every intention of driving up on the Sunday but wasn't to be :(
Just to add though if that was you driving up on the M1 between jct 40 & 41 on the Thursday evening and wondered who the strange bloke was driving past your motorhome and mint green english moke on a trailer (sorry couldnt remember the reg)
I was the one in the blue Ford Anglia van papping my horn and giving the thumbs up.
Also saw another motorhome with trailer and green english Moke (differant one) travelling west bound on M62 near the M606 Bradford turn off heading for Manchester Tuesday afternoon. I was in my boring Mondeo then though.
Twas a great site to see the Mokes :)
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

M62 on Tuesday we were heading for the border and back into the Red Rose county. :D
Sorry we didn't spot you in your boring Mondeo :shock:
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Any more photos of a fabulous National? I have created an album for it, but if you have trouble putting them on then send them to me chris.waldram@mokeclub.org
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Jez

Post by Jez »

Hi Chris, and all the members of The National RAC Audience.

My Moke is back on the road after being diagnosed first with a compression tester highlighting nil pressure in 2 & 3 cylinders, and when the head was removed an unwelcome 3mm split of the gasket.

All fixed now thanks to Malcolm, he of the 'Southern Moke posse' who was in the workshop until 20-15 tonight.

See you at the AGM

Kind regards

Jez

DBL 785B
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Well at least you saved some money on petrol towards the cost of the repair :lol:
Come on summer
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Jez,
Glad you are fixed and back on the road. strange that your head gasket went in the same place as mine, do you have a bypass hose between the head and the water pump? The guy's who fixed mine have plugged my bypass up as this seemed to be the answer to head gaskets going went racing minis way back, and of course later engines don't have the bypass hose. At the moment my engine is running about 5 degrees less than before so fingers crossed.
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Jez

Post by Jez »

Chris

I've got a 1275 A+ engine and so no bypass hose. Malcolm reckoned that when I had some work done recently and the faulty thermostat went 'awol' and failed this was the initiator that led to the head gasket going.

Anyway all good now. Enjoy Wales.

Jez

DBL 785B

Return to “National 2017 - August 25th/28th”