Welsh Weekend 2018

Devil's Bridge, Ceredigion.
aubreythomas

Welsh Weekend 2018

Post by aubreythomas »

By popular demand of those attending this year's event we will be returning to Woodlands Campsite at Devil's Bridge for the 2018 weekend. Following discussion with those who attended and representation to the committee it has been agreed that the event will take place over the weekend of 7th - 9th September 2018. More details will follow in due course but as ever Helena and myself along with Kay and Mark look forward to welcoming as many of you as possible to Wales.
Regards
Aubrey
Pig Pen Love Machine

Welsh Missionary Weekend 2018

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

The Love Machine has already booked its Campsite pitch for the rig from the Thursday until the Monday morning

It will be a challenge to make it a better event than it was in 2017.
Note Fish and Chips on a Friday
night is 100% English tucker in 2018 we need some pure Welsh Tucker if you Welshmen and women do anything other than Welsh Oat Cakes :lol:

10-10 til we do it again

PPLM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aubreythomas

Re: Welsh Weekend 2018

Post by aubreythomas »

Fish and chips is traditional but not compulsory, however its an attempt to make our visitors from foreign parts feel at home. Welsh beef is on the menu for Saturday night.
Look forward to seeing you in February
Cheers Aubrey
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Hi Aubrey ... How about trying for discount rate at Devil's Bridge Hotel so then my misses will come and little doggie. She wont camp this time of year.
Maybe you 2 could stay along with other B&b Mokers
Just a thought
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Hi John not sure how this would work!!! Helena and myself will be bringing the caravan and have booked a pitch so not B&Bing. I know at least one other couple have already booked accomodation nearby.
Neither Kay nor myself have made any arrangements yet for the saturday night but certainly planning to go back to the Hafod. By all means get in touch with them and tell them you're with the moke group and you might get a deal.
Cheers Aubrey
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

We spending a couple of nights around Devil's Bridge planning road runs and checking out coffee stops for this year's Welsh Weekend. Hope lots of you are able to join us. Watch this space for more info
Aubrey and Helena
Pig Pen Love Machine

Re: Welshopen Visa approved

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

I am pleased to confirm that The Welsh Government have granted me one of the first open visas dated 1st August 2018 to travel to and from Wales and that's as close as an Englishman gets to having the freedom of Wales.

I wish to publically thanks Mr Thomas and his PA for sorting this out with the Office of The Visa Minister for Wales in Cardiff.
My visa will be on show in the window of my Moke during the event in case anyone dares to question whether I am legally permitted to be in the country. I also appreciate the research they carried out into my Welsh history in particular my Great Great Aunt Gwendoline Mary Evans Potter .

oh and they didn't charge me a penny - yet
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Thank you for your kind comments. I will pass on your thanks to my very able and competent PA (I dont know where I'd be without her). We look forward to welcoming you to Wales in a couple of weeks and trust that your new documentation will result in a trouble free journey.
Cheers
Aubrey

Return to “Welsh Weekend - September 7th/9th”