Moke Owners Register

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
gpolley

Moke Owners Register

Post by gpolley »

Hi,

Is there a register of Moke owners? I used to own a Moke many years ago, reg AOT318C 1965 Green 848cc engine.

It shows up as SORN'd in white with a 1098cc engine. I would like to know if it still around or has it gone to Moke heaven.

Grahame
grantourer
MMC Member

Re: Moke Owners Register

Post by grantourer »

HI, the chances are, if it is SORN'd then it still exists. Unfortunately there is no definitive list of Mokes and owners, other than information held by the club.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I thought that this club was compiling such information, although it would not be made publicly available on security and privacy grounds.
Having a moking good time!
Bodge

Post by Bodge »

I have heard that in the past, people have written to DVLA using form V888. Fill in the form as best you can and along with the £5 fee, explain your reasons and enclose an open letter addressed to the present keeper so that DVLA can read and satisfy themselves there is nothing dodgy about your request. Make sure the enclosed letter is ready to send with a stamp on and you may be lucky. It might help if you mention that you were a previous owner so they can check.

I have also heard of people who have actually received such letters from DVLA, providing a contact name and telephone number and explaining that someone wants to make contact with them regarding a particular registration number.

Best of luck. Roger

Return to “Moke Talk”