Lincoln Big Mini Day Sunday 15th April

Wally2
MMC Member

Lincoln Big Mini Day Sunday 15th April

Post by Wally2 »

Run by the Trent Valley Mini Owners Club at Brayford Wharf Waterfront (LN1 1YX) in central Lincoln.
Lincoln BIG Mini Day 2018 will be the 11th year and has attracted Mini enthusiasts, both classic and BMW, from many areas of the country including Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire, Derbyshire and ,of course, Lincolnshire. Participants enjoy talking to like minded people but also are able to take advantage of the close proximity to the city centre where there is a wide range of retail outlets. Also available, both on the Brayford Wharf area and the city centre, are restaurants and cafe's to suite all tastes.

Participants are requested to arrive at Brayford Wharf via Lucy Tower Street and to be in position by 10am so to get a good area you need to be there as early as possible because you will be parked on a "first come first served" basis. Over 200 Mini's are expected as in past years. Cars must remain in position until 4pm. This is a fabulous day for mini enthusiasts and should not be missed. There is no entry fee which helps but please visit the charity stands who are in attendance. P.S. Late comers may not get a place!

Thanks to the members of Trent Valley Mini Owners Club this event has become a very popular and enjoyable day for all who attend so make sure this date is in your diary.

Please Note: The event is from 10am to 4pm and no movement of cars is allowed within these times as stipulated by Lincoln City Council. This will be strictly adhered to.

More details at

http://www.trentvalleymoc.co.uk/lincoln-big-mini-day/

Details of meeting places and times to follow but should be similar to 2017.

Cheers

Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Lincoln Big Mini Day Sunday 15th April

Post by Wally2 »

Steve Hall and I will be coming into Lincoln with the guys from the Robin Hood Mini Club.

Starting point for the convoy to the show is the Forest Corner Snacks Cafe Worksop Road, A616 (Just off Ollerton Roundabout), New Ollerton, Notinghamshire NG22 9DR (toilet available)

Meet at 07.45 depart at 08.00

Meet at Dunham Bridge just after at 08.20

The final meeting point is at the
Lincoln Old Grandstand
Carholme Road
Lincoln
LN1 1SE
08.40 depart 08.45

If you want to join us at either location, let us know and we will look out for you.
Cheers
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Great day in Lincoln today, weather was kind to us with only a little drizzle on the way home.
Photos are on the gallery.
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
chris naish

Post by chris naish »

Great pics....one in particular showing how ridiculous the 'Mini' of today is nothing like the original. Why oh why do events allow these Behemoths the space? I'm commenting now....as it might help me bite my tongue at L2B, where these things are turning up every year in greater numbers....and it's me that has to line them up!!!
Chris Naish.
Jez

Post by Jez »

I agree Chris mate, but let's not get 'bitter & twisted'. Summer's coming ! :D

Jez
DBL 785B
Tim

Post by Tim »

Yeah but when an event is called Big Mini Day wouldn't you expect loads of MINIs?

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi,
This event has been running some 11 years now and is called the Big Mini Day as they wanted it to be a Big event no reference to the size of cars attending!
The number of MINI's attending has steadily increased over the last 2 -3 years, the black MINI between our two Mokes belongs to a young friend who wanted a classic mini but could not get insured on one! not even with the classic car insurers, so he had to go for the next best thing.
I've got to say that the owners of the MINI's seem as passionate about them as are the classic mini owners.
At the event in 2014, there was a MINI Countryman at the side of a classic mini, that really did show the difference in size!
Image.
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “Other Events 2018”