Preamble for the event

Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Preamble for the event

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I've not released any details of the site yet as the man in charge has asked that we just place one booking, done through Hilary and I........... I think this is because English isn't his strong point!
As there seems to be a growing interest I can say that the site is about 15 minutes drive west of adenau
I realise this won't be of much help but bear with me as I should be able to release more details in the next week or so
Come on summer
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Hi Nigel,
Deposit paid ,looking forward to the trip.
Stephen and snowy.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Ok tintin, I've added you and everyone else who's paid a deposit to my list. Speaking of which we shall be emailing you all shortly to get the full details of your campsite requirements
Come on summer
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Thanks Nigel, i am only interested in the facilities as it’s half term and hoping to make a week of it with the family...
Pig Pen Love Machine

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

Just booked
10-10 til we do it again

PPLM
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

Just waiting to hear about the time off work, hoping to make this!!
67 Morris Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Fingers crossed then :wink:
Come on summer
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

deposit paid
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

deposit paid, anyone else be travelling from hull?
67 Morris Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Excellent news peter. We may be going out via hull if we’re not taking the puck. The hull crossing gives less driving on the continent (well, that’s what it feels like) but if you take any sort of trailer on the hull crossing the price is through the roof.
Come on summer
jocro69

Re: What's Happening at IMMM2019

Post by jocro69 »

More details have been released about the long awaited visit to the Nurburgring and its environs by the Mini Moke Club.
The International Mini Moke Meeting takes place every year in a different country, and places are still available for the event this year in May/June in Nurburg, Germany.
Travel from the UK, and elsewhere, takes place on 28th & 29th May, arriving at the IMMM HQ, based at Campinganlage Stahlhütte, on the Wednesday evening. During the next four days the Club will indulge in:
* A full day road trip taking in the best of the scenery in the whole area including crossing the Rhine at Remagen, shopping in Bonn, with lunch at a remote cafe typical of the area, and many other delights.
* A track day at the Nurburgring including participation in a special track run, visiting track-viewing areas, shopping at the Nurburgring model car showroom and time in the visitors centre. All this, and a visit to Nurburg Castle, before a meal at a local hostelry.
* A leisurely tour day taking in the local towns and villages ending with in time in Adenau and early evening meal at Pinocchios Pizzeria.
Please look out for further details on the Club website www.mokeclub.org in the near future.
If you would like to join the Mini Moke Club on this exciting trip in your Moke, Classic Mini or Mini derivative, all you have to do is contact at: hilary.leafe@mokeclub.org
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

Getting nervous now, ferry just booked!
67 Morris Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

After three days of research, many meetings and around 1100 miles of driving I can finally reveal the full itinerary for this years IMMM.

Thursday 30th. Evening, a meet and greet at the campsite ( better than it sounds,honest)

Friday 31st. Henceforth known as “the track day”
Leave the campsite at around 10:00 to 10:30 for a gentle start, followed by....
A visit to the nurburgring stadium and visitor centre, a fuel stop with a difference, an industrial estate!!! And then on to YouTube corner to see some of the action on track. By now it will be almost lunch time so we shall journey to Adenau for refreshment at the cockpit eatery, those wishing to do so can make the short drive into Adenau centre at this point or call at the Aldi/lidl stores nearby.
After lunch etc we shall drive via the start/finish of the track to Nürburg castle and take in the views of the surrounding countryside
Then, it’s back to the start/finish to buy your track pass and line up ready to go! Then it’s off round the Nurburgring with a guaranteed empty track in front of you. After the excitement we have booked many seats at the pistenklause restaurant for tea

Saturday 1st. The Rhine run.
Early start today!......leaving at 09:00 we shall stop shortly thereafter for tea and cakes. Once stuffed we shall press on to catch a ferry across the Rhine to our lunch stop and then it’s into Bonn and the HARIBO factory shop ( bargains galore and sod your teeth)
If you’ve not eaten too many sweets then you will be ready for our next stop......tobogganing, oh yes, and they’ve got cameras so you can keep those memories forever
After this it’s a return to base
Note. Petrol will be available approximately 40 miles after the start

Sunday 2nd. Cultural sights (AKA get your walking boots on)

Sunday it may be, but it’s up and at them by 09:00.....we’ve a lot of ground to cover today
First it’s a visit to what could be the tallest waterfall in Europe.....plus coffee and cake before getting underway across country to a lunch halt at around 1:00 pm before heading to Eltz castle, a tour of which could be arranged if there is enough interest. After this we shall meander along the banks of the model river and marvel at the vineyards and visit a winegut ( if it’s open on a Sunday which is doubtful)
By around 6:00 pm we should be back at the campsite unless everyone is too knackered in which case I shall try and book us in to Pinocchios pizza restraint in Adenau

By the way, petrol will be available about 10 miles from the start
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

You know the saying....
Been there, done that.....but have you got the T shirt?
D2654B63-3A12-4844-8D75-5FB173704189.jpeg
Contact us now if you’re interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Come on summer
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Erm..............Is that all we are doing!! :cry: :o

Haven't you got anything else lined up for us? :wink: :lol:

Sounds an absolute blast Nigel. :D :D

Hope you've spoken to him upstairs to sort the weather out?

Return to “IMMM 2019 - May 30th-June 3rd”