Where is everybody?

Posts relating to the Club.
Doug G
MMC Member

Where is everybody?

Post by Doug G »

Are you out making? Any pictures?

The current weather in UK would appear not.

I am about to head to UK for two weeks, not looking forward to it, except for the real ale in a warm pub.

Surely in cold weather more time is spent on the computer rather than moking ?

Perhaps you are in your under floor heated garage/ workshop working on the Moke in preparation for summer. 8)
Having a moking good time!
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Doug,
Was out in WEE MOKE yesterday as it was sunny but only 2 degrees, but is was dry so no problem. Raining today with possibly snow later, so in the garage she will stay!
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

In the garage prepping the newest addition for paint.........there’s four of them in there now !!
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

I've been lying in the oily pool on the garage floor trying to sort out my clutch. Its a real case of shipwrights disease. First I suspected that the clutch arm and bearing carrier were worn out, so I ordered all new parts from the UK, waited for them to arrive, fitted them, and discovered that it was worse! Then I noticed a squelchy sound from the master cylinder so I ordered a set of seals (the m/c itself is only a few years old). Waited for them to arrive, pulled out the m/c, cleaned it, lightly honed it and fitted the seal kit. Then I figured that while it was disconnected I ought to have a look at the holes in the ends of the pedals so I pulled out the pedal box. The pedals were OK but the big pin that they pivot on was a looking a bit tired so now I've ordered a replacement and am waiting for it to come. I decided that while its out the pedal box really could do with some new paint, so it has been stripped, sanded and is in primer ready for the top coat of "silver birch metallic". Hopefully I'll be able to get it back together in the next week or so - and that I've fixed it!

It has been one of the best Moking summers on record here. Unfortunately my moke has been on jack stands since christmas...

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
chris naish

Post by chris naish »

As you've gone this far I recommend you also replace the hose between body and slave cylinder.
I changed mine as a last resort to get a better pedal...the hose had collapsed internally and the fluid wasn't going 'Fore and Aft' as quick as it should.....transformed the clutch operation!!
Chris.
Chris Naish.
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

A very similar experience to CN. I’ve just replaced the hose too and absolutely transformed the clutch operation :roll:
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

In the garage, rebuilding Judith's Moke.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Tim

Post by Tim »

The clutch hose should be OK (but then again, so should the master cylinder). The hydraulics were all replaced a few years ago, but I'll have a look at it once the pedal box is re-assembled.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I've just been out in the shed. I decided to pull the slave cylinder and hose out. They were both knackered! The slave cylinder looked too far gone to clean up, so another parts order is in train.

At the end of this I will have serviced or replaced every part beween my foot and the pressure plate. Lets hope it's better!

Tim
Tim

Post by Tim »

Good news, I finally got enough time to get everything back together. The clutch is way better than it has ever been. It drives so much better. The synchro is stuffed, but that's probably because the clutch has been bad for so long.

I'm not entirely sure that the heavy duty clutch release bearing that I got from Mini Spares is any good, I can hear it running when I rest my foot on the pedal. Time will tell.

Tim

Return to “Club Talk”