Portugese hard top?

Gordycol1

Portugese hard top?

Post by Gordycol1 »

Hi everyone, not being used to Portugese Mokes as my previous was an English, can anyone shed any light on the hard top attached to my Moke please? It looks like canvas but is fibreglass with canvas side screens? (see photos)
First question is this a standard fitment as Ive only ever had a canvas lid before?
Can the side screens be removed from the hood without drilling out the pop rivets around the inside of the hard top?
Does anyone know if you can get replacement 'tie down' straps for the rear as one is broken and the other one missing?
Lastly does anyone like these things as to me they look hideous (just my thought!!)?
Any help would be appreciated

Col
2(5).jpg
1 (5).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Portugese hard top?

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I’ve not seen one before.....and, we’ll, you know my thoughts on hardtops :lol:
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I like the look of that.

Looks like a fiberglass mold was made of an original canvas/vinyl top and then the fiberglass laid inside on a gel coat.

I'd probably open (remove :D) the rear 'window'.
Having a moking good time!
Gordycol1

Post by Gordycol1 »

Thanks for your thoughts, it does seem a bit of an oddball in my books, easy peasy to get on and off tho and quite light which is a bonus I suppose?! I'm
just lucky I have somewhere to store it. I do need some sort of lid tho down here in tho in 'sunny' Cornwall, (but obvs never the side screens!) :D
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Gordycol1 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 21:05....
Does anyone know if you can get replacement 'tie down' straps for the rear as one is broken and the other one missing? ...
Post a close up picture for those that may be able to help
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Hood/Seats”