Correct seats or not?

Slow Smoke Moke

Correct seats or not?

Post by Slow Smoke Moke »

Hi everyone,

I have a 68 English Moke. My next task is to refurbish the seats. This question is in two parts; rear seats and front seats.

1. The rear seats aren't original hence the seats I've purchased from Moke Panels. I assume they aren't original if you look carefully as the frame is fatter/deeper. Look at the cushion fittings. These are for sale should anyone be interested/not wanting to pay Moke Panel prices for replacements. I'm near Warwick if anyone is interested.

2. The front seats seem original however they are different from one another. See the first three images that show a new seat from Moke Panels and then the two that I have removed from the car. Showing the underside of the seats, the last one has a step in it, sits lower and can only be moved forward a limited amount. Is this correct? Is it the drivers seat? (I only noticed the difference after I removed them from the car).

Many thanks,

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Correct seats or not?

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

The seat looks original, it’s probably been modified earlier in its life as they are a little high as standard for the taller driver
Come on summer
Slow Smoke Moke

Are we talking about the front seats or the rear ones please Nige?
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

The mokepanel seats are the correct shape. Any of the originals that match are therefore correct. The one with the reduced frame is the modified one.
Come on summer
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Looks like you are missing the rear seats center support bracket. Here is a link with what it looks like and where it goes.

https://minisport.com.au/moke-rear-seat ... ront-mount
Live Laugh Moke
Slow Smoke Moke

Many thanks both.

I'll chase up the centre rear seat mount.

Interestingly I tried out one of the Moke Panels seats this evening and it sits about an inch higher than the two 'original' ones. Now it's getting confusing :(
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I see the old ones are on the bay of fleas :wink:
Come on summer

Return to “Hood/Seats”