1981 Australian Moke

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Eamonn F

Re: 1981 Australian Moke

Post by Eamonn F »

More goodies back from the powder coaters.
The LHD pedal box from Moke Panels was adapted to suit the dual brake master cylinder by enlarging the right hand hole & welding a new bracket with captive nuts for the shelf.
The bumpers look brilliant & the towing bracket turned out great.
The Roll Bar / Seat Belt Mounting frame turned out better than expected.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Look what my upholsterer brought today. :D
Mx5 seats recovered.
Rear seats being made & will be covered to match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin108

1981 Australian Moke

Post by Martin108 »

Cracking looking seats Eamonn. Are you making a bench seat for the rear?
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Martin108 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 20:17 Cracking looking seats Eamonn. Are you making a bench seat for the rear?
Yes Martin. I'm hoping to copy an Australian rear seat. The fun will start tomorrow. The seat & back should be OK, the folding frame should be fun. :D
https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php? ... #msg146337
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Todays work - Front Seats & Paint Prep.
Spent the morning sanding the shell in preparation for paint. My poor fingers are sore, there is only so much you can do with an Orbital Sander, the rest has to be done by hand. :o :D

The seat brackets arrived from Moke Panels, great service Margaret.
I removed the seat runners from the MX5 seats & cut off the front mountings & then drilled out the rivets from the rear mounts. The holes will be drilled for 5/16 UNF bolts & nuts to mount them to the seat brackets.
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Missing Photos.
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Moke masked for painting.

Two top coats on. Painted by James @ MiniFix here in Dublin.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Good looking paint job, interesting collection of various Mini's in the background.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Martin108

1981 Australian Moke

Post by Martin108 »

Great colour.
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

grantourer wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:14 Good looking paint job, interesting collection of various Mini's in the background.
Thanks Grantourer, the paint is the original Squadron Blue, I liked it enough to keep it. :D
The Minis in the background are various projects being worked on by my friend Paul & his son James who run MiniFix here in Dublin.
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Today I fitted the Pedal Box & Steering Column.
It will now be easier to move the Moke around the workshop. :wink:

Brake & Clutch master cylinders & hydraulic lines fitted.

Wiring loom re-fitted & a start made on the front lights.
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Saturdays job was fitting the screen to the new frame & rubbers from Moke Panels.

There has to be an easier way to fit the screen! Plenty of lube was used & you can never have enough Ratchet Straps. :wink:

After many hours of swearing the bottom bolts went in. No photo's were taken as I was afraid something would go 'BANG' or the glass would shatter.

I returned to the workshop this morning to find everything intact so an attempt was made to fit the screen.

More swearing was required - there must be some truth in that swearing helps - the screen and side screens are now in place. There was much filing & adjustment required to get the original Australian side screens to match up with new surround. :D
Martin108

1981 Australian Moke

Post by Martin108 »

Coming along well Eamonn. It will be ages before I get that far.
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Martin108 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 21:28 Coming along well Eamonn. It will be ages before I get that far.
It happens very quickly Martin, I have almost everything ready for fitting. I have a few wiring changes to make - Rear Fog Light & Hazzard Lights - that are slowing me down a bit. Take your time & enjoy the build. :D
Eamonn F

Post by Eamonn F »

Carb & throttle cable fitted.

Dash shelves fitted with extra wires for rear fog lamp, hazard lights, power feed for Bluetooth Amp. & accessory point with USB outlet.

Panel assembled with extra gauges, switches , new warning lamps & hazard switch with electronic flasher.

Roll bar / seat belt mount & front seat belts fitted.

Spare wheel mount, rear bumper & number plate lamp.

Return to “Project "M"”