Long trip in a 1967 Moke

Posts relating to the Club.
pascal

Long trip in a 1967 Moke

Post by pascal »

Hello ! I am a returning member after many years ! I've had my 1967 Mini Moke (French export LHD) since 1987, when I purchased her after the previous owner had her repainted black (was green) and added wooden protections on the top of sides and double chrome bumpers. I drove her from Paris to Cannes (French Riviera) some 33 years ago and used her very scarecely during this long period (20000 km in 33 years so 600/y !).
But now time has come to have her back in Paris, and as the train for cars are no longer available, we have decided to drive her back on small roads from Cannes to Paris in 4 days (950 km, around 600ml)
Will keep a record with pics of this to share with you !!
Badge Cote d'Azur.jpg
Moke à Cannes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Long trip in a 1967 Moke

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Welcome back to the club and welcome to the forum. I think your way of getting the moke back to Paris. I remember the club trip to the IMM in we kept to the small back roads and took a week to get there...it was one of the most enjoyable journeys I’ve been on. Don’t forget to keep us updated
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I’ve also travelled to the south of France by motor rail (with a mini) many years ago and I’m not sure I’d recommend it for a moke :lol:
Come on summer
pascal

Post by pascal »

Thanks for your reply, I will of course keep you uipdated when we make this trip... wheather will be the main issue, end of october... !??

Otherwise, I remember that in the past years the Mini Mokes used to gather at Portmeirion to remember The Prisoner and its taxis !!
Is there any plan in the future to organize this trip again... Paris to Wales is definitely easier!!
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I’m not sure about portmeirion but if you have a look at the events 2021 page there is the IMMM that’s taking place in Alsace......that’s even easier to get to from Paris
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I wish my Mini Moke was in such good condition.
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Club Talk”