Alternator

Doug G
MMC Member

Alternator

Post by Doug G »

Replaced the alternator.

The front grille does not remove so access is from above.

It is really aggravatingly difficult to get to the bottom adjusted bolt

Grr !
Having a moking good time!
Doug G
MMC Member

Re: Alternator

Post by Doug G »

Son says that the headlights are great now. :shock:
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

They can’t be that good if he didn’t see the thorns
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 19:40 They can’t be that good if he didn’t see the thorns
I am thankful he had the puncture a few yards for home.

Also that we discovered that the 13 year old tires are . . . well basically 'rotten'.

Dry rot by sun?
Tim

Post by Tim »

Mine are the same. They have miles of tread depth left but the sidewalls are all splitting. I can't risk hard cornering until I replace them. My mechanic reckons its a wonder they hold air.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Let me see if I’ve got this right.
You’ve got a moke
But you’ve got a moke that doesn’t like corners

There’s something wrong here…….very wrong
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Tim wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:09 Mine are the same. They have miles of tread depth left but the sidewalls are all splitting. I can't risk hard cornering until I replace them. My mechanic reckons its a wonder they hold air.

Tim
Remember that tires are the only thing of the Mini Moke touching the road.

My spare was never used, but in the interests of my and my family's safety I replaced all of them . . . well it is being done as I type.

How did it pass the MOT ?
Tim

Post by Tim »

MOT?

Vehicle safety is the owner's responsibilty. If said owner is too tight-arsed to replace the knackered tyres in the Moke that he drives his children around in, that's his fault.

My spare tyre has never been used either. On that basis I will only replace the four that I do use.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Tim wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:45 MOT?
Vehicle safety is the owner's responsibilty. If said owner is too tight-arsed to replace the knackered tyres in the Moke that he drives his children around in, that's his fault.
My spare tyre has never been used either. On that basis I will only replace the four that I do use.
Tim
The annual MOT(ministry Of Transport) / Govt Inspection here is horn, mileage, headlights (full beam and dipped), reverse light, hand/emergency brake, brakes(well you stopped when you drove in), indicators, rear number plate light and wipers.

Appreciate your comment "If said owner is too tight-arsed to replace the knackered tyres in the Moke that he drives his children around in, that's his fault."
Thankfully I am not that 'tight-arsed', as I value my, my children's and my passenger's lives way too much.

You can't spend it 6'0" under. :lol:

That said I must remember to put the jack back in the Mini Moke. :roll:

Return to “Electrical”