Replacements/upgrades 2

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
BarrieJ

Replacements/upgrades 2

Post by BarrieJ »

Only had my 1988 Portuguese for about 3 weeks so.

Oil and filter (I doubt it had been changed for years as it was black and had a few lumps)
Water (dumped the lot as it was a brown colour, flushed the rad and now I have just water for a week or so) Will add anti freeze later after running water through a couple of times.
I have a complete set of Silicone hoses to fit as well.
Thermostat (well its out till I refill with coolant)
New fuel filter.
New HT leads.
New plugs.
New choke cable.
Adjusted rear brakes (hand brake still needs a bit more)
Removed and checked front wheels, etc.
Adjusted idle speed and made mixture slightly leaner. (Su carbs are simple compared to Weber)
Removed exhaust and refitted with paste to stop the little blow at the joint.
Started to build the new 'pods' for the dials, switches etc. (will have a drivers one with Oil pressure, water temp, voltage and the switches from the centre. The centre will only have the speedo and a rev counter, the passenger one will have a glove box and usb point for phone) all in wood covered with a nice veneer. (but removable if the original and selves need to go back)

Oh and the wife wants the Moke's name on the glovebox. (her nickname as a child) :)

Not much really and the bodywork is in great nick so all i have to do there is a few tiny rust spots where the paint has been scuffed.
moke1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug G
MMC Member

Re: Replacements/upgrades 2

Post by Doug G »

You have aways to go yet.. See thread entitled 'Grandfather's axe'

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7112&p=47215#p47215
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Project "M"”