windscreen rubber seals

Willie_B

windscreen rubber seals

Post by Willie_B »

Time to put the new windscreen in. It's on a 1966. So does the rubber that goes around the main frame go all the way down to the lower metal cross part or does the rubber on the lower cross part go all the out to the main frame so that the frame rubber rests on top of the lower metal cross part rubber. That's clear as mud...or I am just over thinking this whole thing?
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: windscreen rubber seals

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I can’t honestly remember which way round, it’s been a couple of years since I last did one. One thing I do remember, it’s a real fun struggle to get it all together.
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

And I tell you what else I remember. Try to get the hood fixings fastened on before you put the screen in…..glass and drill bits/screws don’t mix well
Come on summer
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Went online for the larger community, sadly. The lower rubber part should go all the way to the outer edge of the main windscreen frame.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

I heard back from my moke Guru. He said the rubber in the main frame part should go all the way down to the lower rail part. Then the lower rail rubber ends at the main frame rubber.
Live Laugh Moke
Tim

Post by Tim »

Just checked mine. Its original rubber, glass and frame, but I can't say whether it has ever been disassembled.

Its got one of each!

Not really, but it almost does. The rubber in the main frame goes past the rubber in the bottom piece, however at the passenger side end the rubber in the horizontal piece partly overlaps the vertical piece and makes it look a bit like it continues through. It must have been difficult to jam it together like that.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Bodyshell”