Missing

Doug G
MMC Member

Missing

Post by Doug G »

My circa 1973* Aussie' Mini Moke is missing (seemingly) intermittently on one cylinder.

It has an electronic distributer.

Has an electric pump.

1. Spark plugs appear to be OK, with good gap, and are not oily of caked in carbon.

2. Fuel is OK, but if it was fuel related then surely all cylinders would be affected.

3. Air/Carburettor seems OK and is clean - surely all cylinders would be affected if it was the carb.

Local mechanic suggested it might be getting too much fuel. It has had that pump for several years and has run fine.

Will ask him to check the timing. :shock:

I am going the check the (missing) lead. However the leads are fairly new but that does not mean that they are all working perfectly.

SUGGESTIONS?

* 2023 -1973 = 50 years , guess that will be an excuse for a big celebration - half century - next year!
Having a moking good time!
Shaun78

Re: Missing

Post by Shaun78 »

Hi,I would check ht leads and cap first,check spark plugs,if they are all good could be the distributor,i have had this on a couple of cars that have been converted the electronic module in the distributor breaks down as the engine warms up and for some unknown reason start to miss on one cylinder,but run ok when they are cold.

Return to “Engine/Transmission/Clutch”