Mk1 Moke Tyres

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
xpaiva

Mk1 Moke Tyres

Post by xpaiva »

Hello everyone!

I am restoring a 65 moke (mentioned in my other posts) to its original state (as far as possible / reasonable).
I understand that the these cars used to mount Dunlop SP44 Weathermaster which are quite expensive nowadays.
On the other hand, I see many mk1 mokes with different tyres.

I would like to have your opinion on how important this is to value the car.

Thank you guys!
Willie_B

Re: Mk1 Moke Tyres

Post by Willie_B »

How do you plan to drive the moke? I would go with tires that are suitable for that and not worry about. It's yours so drive and enjoy it with some good street tires on it.
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Like he said. Plus, unless you’re willing to pay the ridiculous cost of the Dunlops it’ll be more a case of seeing what you can get on 145X10 tyres
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

Maybe if you were preparing a Moke to sell immediately, and chasing every last pound, there might be some value in fitting weathermaster tyres, but it would be minimal. After all replacing tyres is easy and costs little in comparison to the value of Mokes these days, so if you were a Moke buyer (and therefore very wealthy) you wouldn't be worried.

Have a look at the new Blockley 145R10 tyres, they have retro looking tread on on a modern 10" tyre. They also come in 165s and are getting good reviews in the mini community.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
xpaiva

Post by xpaiva »

The plan is to enjoy the car, although I consider selling it down the road and if some other project pops up.
But you're right, I'll focus on the use I want to give it on my own. I can replace the tyres later if need be.

Thank you all
Cheers

Return to “Project "M"”