Moke mods and tips

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Willie_B

Re: Moke mods and tips

Post by Willie_B »

Spare tire was not going to fit as it is wider than the older skinny ones. Made this bracket out of stainless steel bar and threaded rod. The rod is welded in and needs a nut on the inside to help hold it in place. This raised the mounting up to the level needed to fit. Also put clear paint protection film on the back panel where the tire sits so the paint will not get abused from the tire rub.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Driving this small vehicle on the roads in the USA with all the land yachts and clueless drives I added a whip antenna with an orange flag. Hope the flapping flag will help get drivers attention. I can only HOPE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

I have gone with an alternator and wanted to help sorta hide it a little. Painted it black and made a mount for the coil to sit on top of it. The mount is aluminum "C" channel carved to fit the profile on the alternator with a large hose clamp to fit over it to hold it all on.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Wanting to keep the original look even though I am using a newer starter that does not use a separate starter solenoid. I installed an older style solenoid, with some grinding to remove the plastic between the two large wire terminals I made a bar of copper to go between the two terminals to bypass it. I have heard that the new ones do not last long at all so now it does not matter as it is only for show anyway.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Wanted more room for the driver. Made a rail so I could move the seat back 2". Basic angle iron, trimmed one side down so it won't hit the seat side. Welded in bolts for the seat. Had to drill one hole in the seat mount rail for the rear original seat mount bolt.
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

But…but, isn’t that the passenger side? :lol:
Come on summer
dpstjp
MMC Member

Post by dpstjp »

Looks great, Willie.

My recently done up Moke has a new tailor-made bracket that bolts onto the base of the rear of the car (there were holes there already).

Onto this there is the base of a clansman military aerial which I can mount a Clansman aerial in when I want to fly a flag. Works well and all removable without anyone knowing it was there. I'll try and post a photo of the actual bracket when I can but here is a photo on the Clansman mount (I'm only using the top black bit).
s-l1600.jpg

Return to “Project "M"”