Water In Oil

johng
MMC Member

Water In Oil

Post by johng »

After some advice please. Preparing to attend Driffield Steam Fayre this weekend , I checked my engine oil and found this lovely cream coloured emulsion 2" above Full Level - Hope its just head gasket. Lucky to get 3 hour journey back from National recently
I have ordered some engine flushing fluid but do I :-
1) Leave it until I repair Head Gasket . Will this emulsion do more damage ?
2) Drain the sump and flush the system through knowing water will still get into oil
3) Drain the sump now and flush through when repaired.

I don't know if this emulsion can damage the engine if left.

Thanks for any advice
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Water In Oil

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Water in the oily bits of the engine is more likely to cause damage than removing it. Get it out
Come on summer
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Cheers mate. Hope its done for Welsh Weekend
Tim

Post by Tim »

How much emulsion is there? Its not unusual to see a little bit of water in the oil, sometimes when you take the filler cap off the rocker cover you'll see a bit of mayonnaise on the underside of the cap, its usually just from condensation and isn't really a concern. However, if you drain the oil and you can see creamy stripes (or its all turned to mayo), you have a problem that needs fixing.

cheers
Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Engine/Transmission/Clutch”