1968 Moke Wiper Motor

Mokes and related items wanted
Poppabear

1968 Moke Wiper Motor

Post by Poppabear »

I am restoring a 1968 Aussie built Moke that has a single speed (no park) wiper motor with only two terminals. This is not working and need a replacement or rewire for registration purposes. My research tells me a later dual speed wiper will work (just wire it up to the low speed) and has the same 4 bolt mounting with the body protruding out of the dash. The aluminium cover has SWF made by Preslite Australia embossed on it. I can supply pics and will try to attach these to this post. I am not sure if an early Mini one will fit or can be modified? Any help would be mush appreciated. My email is poppabear52@icloud.com and my best contact. Cheers Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim

Re: 1968 Moke Wiper Motor

Post by Tim »

If you can't find another Moke wiper motor I don't know where you'd get and excact replacement.

An early Mini one is completely different, it would take a lot of modification to make it work.

Series Land Rovers had something similar (but not identical) and a lot of tractors and commercial vehicles did too. Also there are heaps of boat wiper motors that have the same style as Moke ones. I think you'd have to be lucky to find one that is an exact fit, but I reckon one of those could be modified. It might not fit perfectly through the sheet-metal cover though.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Tim

Re: 1968 Moke Wiper Motor

Post by Tim »

Apologies, I've just realised that the boat ones are probably no good in that they sweep back and forth, the Moke one is just continuous rotation.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Wanted”